Earn Your Hospitality Degree
If you're interested in landing a job in the hospitality industry, consider a degree or certificate from Mission's Hospitality Management program.
Our program is housed in a dedicated 20,000+ sq ft facility with three fully-equipped kitchens.
Applications are always open and we offer scholarships for qualified students, ranging from $2500 to $5000.
>Work in Restaurants, Hotels, & Tourism
Hospitality Degrees and Certificates
- Hospitality Management (AS)
- Baking and Pastry (AS)
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Food Service & Restaurant Management (C)
- Fundamental Food Service Skills I (C)
- Baking and Pastry (C)
- Culinary Arts (C) - New!
- Study food prep, baking, restaurant operations, food and wine pairing, food truck operations, sustainable tourism, and more.
- Courses are only $46 per unit plus fees!
- Apply your skills on our food truck or in the Mission Bistro.
- Train in a 30-foot, fully-equipped food truck.
- Plan and serve menus in the Bistro.
Courses to Consider
Intro to the Hospitality Industry (FDR 050A)
Includes tours and guest lectures. Info about the program is explained.
Menu Planning (FDR 075)
Learn the principles of menu planning for commercial, institutional, and industrial food service operations.
Baking and Confectionery (FDR-073)
An introduction to baking & pastry work. A uniform is required.
Hotel and Motel Front Office Management (HMT 076)
An introduction to the principles of effective front office management. Examine the guest services role, reservations, registration, account settlement, and the audit process.
Healthy Cuisine (FDR 096)
Light and healthy food preparation techniques are introduced, demonstrated, and practiced in a hands on food laboratory environment.
Sanitation and Safety (INF 050)
Personal hygiene and cleanliness. Sanitary practices in food preparation. Safety precautions & training for accident prevention. Serve Safe Certification Course.
What Can You do with a Hospitality Management Degree?
- Creative problem-solving.
- Customer centric approach.
- Management skills.
- Communication skills (bilingual a plus.)
- Cultural awareness in dealing with a variety of backgrounds/customs.
- Strong work ethic and commitment.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and attention to detail.
List of Careers in Hospitality and Tourism
- Hotel worker, including operations, front desk, housekeeping, restaurant staff, and porters.
- Pastry Chef
- Restaurant operations, including cook, server, manager, host, bartender
- Sommelier (expert in wine)
- Restaurant Owner
- Event Management
- Executive Chef
- Catering Manager or Assistant
- Hotel General Manager and management
- Travel Agent and Tour Guide
- Marketing and Public Relations