Costs, Fees, Refunds, Holds
Students are required to pay for their classes at the time of enrollment and there are options.
California College Promise GrantHelp with Paying for College The California College Promise Grant waives enrollment fees and a portion of the parking permit charged to eligible California residents.
Financial AidFinancial Aid is available in different forms.
- Grants: free money
- Work study: money earned through employment on campus.
- Loans: money that has to be paid back with interest
- Scholarships: money received after being selected as a qualified applicant
|Fee Types||California Resident||Non-Resident/F-1
|Registration Fee||$46 per unit
(same for all community colleges)
$307+$46 = $353 per unit
|Health Services Fee
|Campus Center Fee ($5 max)||$1/unit||$1/unit|
|ASG ID Fee||$7/semester||$7/semester|
|Student Representation Fee||$2/term||$2/term|
|Web Processing Fee
|VTA SmartPass Full-time (12units)
Up to 11.5 Units
|Summer (New and Returning Students Only)||$10.50/semester||$10.50/semester|
|Parking Permit *
* Online order shipping & handling fee $3.25
Fees for Services Table
|Copy of Class Schedule||$2 per request|
|Standard Official Transcripts||$6 each (first 2 paper transcripts are free)|
|Rush Transcripts||$20 each. $ 5 for each additional transcript ordered with initial rush order|
|Unofficial Transcripts||$2 per request|
|Duplicate Diploma||$10 per request|
|Nelnet payment plan enrollment fee||$20 per semester (ACH & credit card)|
|Returned check fee*||$ 15 plus $ 10 for any returned payment|
If a check is returned by the bank, a hold will be placed on the student’s record in addition to a $15 fee. The students are expected to pay the outstanding fees within 10 business days. If the fees are not paid an additional $10 fee will be charged to the student record. The only acceptable forms of payment for these fees are cash, money order, or cashier’s check.
To be eligible for a refund of enrollment fees, students must drop classes by the published deadline.
Dropping a class after the published deadline will result in loss of enrollment fees. Refund requests for ASB cards and Parking Permits must be made at Admissions & Records by the "last day to drop with a refund" deadline. A parking permit refund requires the return of the parking permit.
Refunds for Credit Card payments will be returned to the student's credit card used to pay the fees. ACH payments will be refunded by check and mailed to the student's current home address on record. Check and cash payments will be refunded by check and mailed to the student's current home address on record. It is important that we have a current home address on file.
Refunds for eligible students are processed after census for full term courses, unless otherwise requested by the student. Refunds for complete withdrawals from short term courses are processed within 7 to 10 business days.
Enrollment fees for short-term classes will be refunded if students drop before 10% of the scheduled class meetings have elapsed. For short-term classes that meet five days or less, students must drop before the first class meeting, in order to receive a refund.
This exemption applies to the following:
- Iraqi citizens or nationals (and their spouses and children) who were employed by or on behalf of the United States Government in Iraq (Pub.L. No. 110-181, § 1244)
- Afghan and Iraqi translators (and their spouses and children) who worked directly with the United States Armed Forces (Pub.L. No. 109-163, § 1059)
- Afghanistan nationals who were employed by or on behalf of the U.S. government or in the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan (Pub.L. No. 111-8, § 602)
- Refugee students admitted to the United States under Section 1157 of Title 8 of the United States Code