Registration on SSB9
Starting Monday, November 20, 2023, you will see some changes to the look and feel of student registration features in your MyWVM student portal. Most of these changes are designed to provide students with an enhanced view of student transcripts, tuition statements and registration schedules.
Since these features are new, we would like to bring your attention to key details related to apply, registering and wait-listing for a course:
SSB9 Web Registration is recommended on the following browsers:
Directions to Get Started
- Log in to My Portal.
- Select Student Sign in.
- Enter your college email and select Next.
- Enter your password and select Next.
- On the 'To Do List' tab, verify your registration date on My Registration Dates.
Searching for Courses in SSB9
- Click on the Registration and Records tab to select Registration.
- Complete the required Student Survey and click Submit.
- Under 'Terms Open for Registration,' select the term you wish to register for. Click the dropdown arrow to select the term for registration and click Continue.
There are two tabs which allow you to search for classes:
The "Find Classes" tab allows you to search by Subject, Campus, and Credit/Noncredit.
- Recommended* click Advanced Search to narrow results by days, times, etc.
- Tips for Advanced Search:
- Use caution when using campus as it may limit your search results more than you wish.
- Select "Open Sections Only"
- Drag columns to widen so that you can see all of the information in the columns for locations and start and end dates.
- Once you have found a class you want to add, scroll to the right and click the add button.
- The class will show in your schedule in the bottom right box labeled summary. In the summary, it will say "pending" (in yellow) with "web registered" under actions.
- To complete your registration, click on the red submit button.
- If there are any errors, they will appear in red.
The "Enter CRNs" tab allows you to type in the Course Registration Number (CRN).
Completing your Registration
- The class will show in your schedule in the bottom left of the screen in gray and white. In the summary, it will say "pending" with "web registered" under actions.
- Click the Submit button to complete registration.
If it was successful, the backgroun of the class on the sehedule will turn to a solid green with a check mark and the status in the Summary will say "Registered."
Frequently Asked Questions
Is assistance available, on my campus, for navigating SSB9, portal login, and password reset?
I'm an employee who needs help with accessing my account. Who do I contact?
Faculty and staff may email: IS_help.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information in your email:
- Subject: (example: portal login help, password reset, SSB9 help)
- Full Name
- Student ID number example: G01234567
- Portal ID example: email@example.com
- Personal Email address Must be the email address on file with the college
- Phone number example: 555-555-5555
- Please tell us what service you are trying to access, and any error messages you are encountering. Include screenshots if possible.
The Service desk is available
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
I am getting an error message when I try to login. What should I do?
Close your brower and start over. If you still can't login, you may need to clear your browser's cache. A browser cache stores copies of web pages you visit which allows the pages to load faster. Clearing the cache helps keep pages updated with the correct information.
To learn more about clearing your cache in Internet Explorer, visit Microsoft Support.
- In the Internet Explorer menu bar, click the Tools icon.
- Select the Internet Options link.
- In the General tab, under the Browsing history heading, click the Delete button.
- Check the Temporary Internet files and website files and Cookies and website data checkboxes. Remove the check for the Preserve Favorites website data checkbox.
- Click the Delete button.
To learn more about clearing your cache in Edge, visit Microsoft Support.
- In the Edge menu bar, click the Settings icon.
- Select Privacy, Search and Services link.
- Click the Choose What to Clear button.
- Choose the types of data or files you want to remove. Select the Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files checkboxes.
- Click the Clear Now button.
To learn more about clearing your cache in Chrome, visit Google Support.
- In the Chrome browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu icon.
- Click the More Tools link.
- Click the Clear browsing data link.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the time range from which you want to clear browsing data.
- Clear browsing data by selecting checkboxes. Select the Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files checkboxes.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data button.
To learn more about clearing your cache in Firefox, visit Firefox Support.
- In the Firefox menu bar, click the Firefox option.
- Select the Preferences link.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Under the History heading, click the clear your recent history link.
- Select the Cache checkbox.
- Click the Clear Now button.
Can I print my class schedule?
To print your class schedule, right-mouse click and select print, followed by 'save as PDF.' The save to PDF feature allows you to save your class schedule to your desktop for local printing or email submission.