Apprenticeships at Mission
SVTAP's (Silicon Valley Technical Apprenticeship Pathway) mission is to transform student experiences through high-quality, employers sponsored hands-on training program leading to employment or advancement with our sponsoring employer-partner.
Our employers include companies in Silicon Valley & Sacramento , California. Areas of employment include, but not limited to: help desk specialist, data center technician, database administrator, network specialist, computer user support specialist, desktop support specialist, information technology coordinator, and systems analyst. SVTAP apprenticeships are open to the employees or invited guests of our employer-partners.
VTA and Mission College launch first in the nation bus simulator for coach operator apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships we serve
High Tech Apprenticeship (Silicon Valley Technical Apprenticeship Pathway)
The program designed to assist businesses to develop their own talent through classroom and on-the-job training. This program builds the competencies in all facets of IT allowing companies to meet the challenges for tomorrow’s IT workforce. This includes Network Administration, Enterprise Security, IT Storage Software QA, and Virtualization. (Will require to relocate)
Valley Transportation Agency (VTA) Transit Authority Apprenticeship
New and incumbent worker training in the exciting fields of advanced transportation offered locally.
- At least 18 years of age, valid Social Security number, Driver’s license, Transportation, High School Diploma/GED
- An expressed interest in learning about and working in the IT field on computer hardware.(SVTAP ONLY)
How to Apply
- Email Andrew Soliz at email@example.com.
- Await notification from us.
- Attend orientation as scheduled.
- Complete assessment/testing.
- Attend Work Readiness Training.
- Attend company orientation.
- Candidates’ selection and notification in writing (letter form).