ASG Interest Form. Join your student government today.
"Come as You Are, Leave as a Leader"
- ASG Agenda (May 12, 2021)
- Join our ASG meeting on Zoom! Telephone: +1 (669)900-9128 (US Toll)
- Meeting ID: 944 4254 3818
- ICC Agenda (May 13, 2021)
- Join our ICC meeting on Zoom! https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/91751152728
- Telephone: +1 (669) 900-6833 (US Toll
- Meeting ID: 917 5115 2728
What is Associated Student Government? (ASG)
The Associated Student Government (ASG) is comprised of goal-driven student leaders who represent the voice of Mission College students. ASG does this by providing programs and services to promote the students’ needs, hold campus-wide events and be a representative of all students at college and district-wide committees.
The ASG Senate consists of the President, Vice President, Student Trustee, Director of Finance, Director of Activities, Director of Recruitment, Director of Health and Safety, Director of Marketing, Secretary and Senators.
“Joining ASG is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I came to Mission College with the motivation to improve myself academically and improve the lives of my fellow students. I sought out the student leadership on campus because I thought this would be the best way to help reach both of my goals.
Since becoming a member of ASG I have had the pleasure of interacting with a group of people with vast backgrounds and experience. The greatest value of ASG is that although we have these differences, we all have the same goal: Make Mission College the best it can be for the students.” – Andrew Price, 2015-2016 ASG Director of Health and Safety
2020 Spring Elections Results
President: Alondra Martinez-Medina
Vice President: Sadia Akhter
Director of Student Activities: Quoc Luong Huynh
Student Trustee: Lesley Geronimo
Officer or Senator Qualifications and Requirements
- Be enrolled in six (6) or more units with a GPA of 2.0 or better*, must not be on academic probation, must maintain this GPA and not drop below the required units while in office. *Student Trustee and President need a GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Cannot be elected Officer or Senate member of any other government (excluding clubs) at any other college.
- Must hold a current ASG sticker, both at the time of petition and during the term of office.
- Must attend a minimum of four (4) ASG meetings prior to filling a petition to run for office.
- Be able to attend all Senate meetings on Wednesdays at 2:30PM in Campus Center Room 215 and devote time to Senate activities.
- If confirmed, Senators or Officers cannot represent another institution (college government) at any outside function (excluding clubs) in an official capacity.
- Comply with qualifications and guidelines as set forth in the California Education Code, the West Valley-Mission Community College District Board Policies, the ASG Constitution, and the ASG Bylaws.
- If confirmed, Senators or Officers are required to devote three hours per week in the ASG office.
- If confirmed, Senators or Officers agree to periodic grade check to be conducted by the Advisor.
I’d love to join!
We have Senator applications available in the Office of Student Activities in the Campus Center, Room 231. If you’d like more information or to speak to an ASG Senator, visit the ASG Office on the second floor of the Campus Center, Room 202!
…but I can’t make the mandatory ASG meetings. What can I do?
Have no worries! We understand that as a busy college student, you may have a lot on your plate. If you’re interested in being a part of the ASG Senate but cannot commit to attending the weekly ASG meetings, you can always become a member of our awesome Saint Squad! After volunteering at least 4 hours of service with ASG, you can print, fill out and submit the application to the Office of Student Activities in the Campus Center, Room 231.