LGBTQIA+ Resources Page
Our mission is to support, affirm, and increase LGBTQIA+ visibility on our campus and provide you with a safe space to not only be who you are, but to thrive.
We Support You
Regardless of your sexuality or gender identity, we support you in coming out, sexual health, LGBTQIA+ scholarships, legal issues, and more.
Mission College Support Services
- Gender & Sexuality Alliance (GSA) club: Provides safe space, workshops and other resources to the LGBTQIA+ community at Mission College. Contact Brian Miller for more details.
- Office of Student Equity and Success - Organizes ongoing workshops, education, and more centered on a culture of equity, inclusion, and anti-racism at Mission College.
- True Name - Sometimes your given name doesn't reflect who you are. We recognize that you may identify by a name that is different from your legal one.
- Mental Health Counseling - Offers free and confidential mental health screenings for anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, substance abuse, and more.
- Social Justice Studies - Take courses in Gender and LGBTQIA+ Studies at Mission College.
- Progress Pride Scholarship - Scholarship opportunity for students who identify as BIPOC & LGBTQIA+; and who have a demonstrated record of positive service to the BIPOC & LGBTQ communities
Local Support Resources
- County of Santa Clara, Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Affairs
- Resource of local organizations ranging in scope from community/social to legal.
- Billy DeFrank LGBTQ Community Center
- Provides community, leadership, advocacy, services and support to the Silicon Valley’s LGBTQIA+ People and their Allies.
- SJSU Pride Center: Offers a library of resources to both LGBTQIA+ people as well as the people that love and support them.
- Transgender San Francisco: Support and social group for the entire TransGender and Gender-Non-Conforming community.
- DoTheBay : Detail listing of queer-focused events in the Bay Area.
- East Bay Network: Organization serving the gay and lesbian community of the SF Bay Area.
- The Youth Space: For LGBTQIA+, questioning, and ally youth/young adults (13-25) living in Santa Clara County.
- Outlet: Empowers LGBTQIA+ youth through building communities, providing education, and celebration in the Peninsula and South Bay.
- Gender Health Center: All ages clinic specializing in caring for transgender, gender non-binary, and gender expansive people in the South Bay.