Build Your Portfolio
Pursue your passion for web development, graphic design, typography, photography, and video production. Take classes on your schedule, online classes, in the evening, or in-person.
Skills and Opportunities
- Work with Real clients in Silicon Valley by interning.
- Download Graphic Design & Multimedia brochure.
- Earn a degree or certificate.
- Learn Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, as well as apps like Sketch and Axure.
- Transfer to a four-year college.
- Build a portfolio of work.
Graphic Design Classes
- Study web design/development, UX, Adobe software, & more. Courses are $46 a unit!
- Flexible online courses are available.
- See current and upcoming class schedules.
- Download Graphic Design brochure.
Courses to Consider
Adobe Illustrator (GDS 062)
A beginning digital illustration course for graphic designers, illustrators, and artists. Learn how to create original illustrations and designs using Adobe Illustrator.
User Experience Design (GDS 070)
Study interaction design, info architecture, user research, and UX planning.
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop (GDS 064)
A beginning course for graphic designers, artists, and photographers. Create original artwork, refine photographs, and manipulate digital imagery.
Graphic Design 1 (GDS 035)
Learn about the practical, artistic, and technical sides of Graphic Design. Gain the critical thinking and technical skills required for careers in Graphic Design.
Mobile Game Design (GDS 041)
Design, program, test, and publish a mobile game.
Job Market Outlook
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software.
- Exceptional creativity and innovation.
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment.
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
Career PathsIf you don't know what to major in, or you already have a major but don't know how it translates into a career, start here. At Mission we can help you research your major and career options so you can make informed decisions. Read more about Career paths.
Careers in Design
At Mission College, we facilitate degrees and certificates in Digital Illustration, Graphic Arts, Web Design/Development, and Multimedia. Develop a portfolio and prepare for transfer or job interviews. Learn more about Graphic Design jobs.
- Graphic Designer
- Creative Director
- User Experience (UX/UI) Designer
- Production Artist
- Product Developer
- Art Director
- Marketing Specialist
- Multimedia Artist / Animator