Take an Astronomy Class
Observe and Analyze the Universe
Ever wonder what's up in the sky? Mission College astronomy classes take place on earth, but look up towards the sky.
Examine the origins of the solar system, the galaxies, and the evolution of our own sun. Study the stars that fill the night sky.
- Classes require little math.
- Astronomy is one of the most sought after general education class.
- Honors Project students take advanced courses in Astronomy.
Note: Mission College does not offer an AS/AA degree or Certificate of Achievement in Astronomy.
- Work with outstanding instructors & motivated students.
- Most Honors courses meet IGETC and CSU GE-B transfer requirements.
- Honors recognition on transcripts and graduation.
Courses to ConsiderSee all Courses
Astronomy (AST 001)
An intro to the the entire panorama of the universe, the solar system, stars, galaxies, and cosmology.
Astrobiology - Life in the Universe (AST 004)
Examine the astronomical influences on life on Earth and the possibility of life other places in the Universe.
Astronomy with Lab (AST 003)
A course that includes practical lab experience with Astronomy using computers and other equipment.
Astronomy with Lab Honors (AST 003H)
An Honors Transfer Project version of AST 003 that covers the entire panorama of the universe.
MESA students are offered opportunities to improve STEM skills while receiving professional development. The program produces students ready to advance their education in math, science, engineering, and technology at four-year colleges.