Computer Science Courses
Take computer science courses in state-of-the art computer labs under highly-qualified industry professionals.
- Study robotics, python, CISCO networking, machine learning, databases, and more.
- Classes are flexible, meeting in the evening and online - pay only $46 per unit plus fees.
Prepare for careers in an industry with a huge demand for workers. We even have laptops available for loan.
When I found out I was going to intern at Facebook, it felt unbelievable. I want to give back to my community and recruit more women of color and from other underserved groups to work in the tech industry. I want to close the digital divide. In my classes, I was introduced to coding including Python and HTML. My coursework was hard, but I enjoyed it! The staff and faculty and both Year Up and Mission College provide support, training, and mentorship.
Data Analyst Certificate
- IT Help Desk, Project Management and Data Analyst Certificates.
- Hands-on training.
- Students intern at companies including LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Support and mentorship.
- Prepare for careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math through accelerated Math courses and other resources.
- Support through STEM Learning Center.
- Priority Registration.
- MESA Study Center.
- Counseling and Transfer Assistance.
- STEM Competitions and Conferences.
Courses to Consider
Robotics & Embedded System (CIS 033)
An intro to microcontrollers & interfacing. Study LEDs, switches, motors, and sensors needed to build a robot.
Python Programming (CIS 007)
Design, code, and execute programs using Python. This class covers basic programming concepts, object-oriented programming, and GUI programming concepts and topics.
Cisco Networking (CIT 021)
Study the architecture, structure, functions, and components of the internet and other computer networks.
Microsoft Server Essentials (CIT 078)
Installation, storage, functionality, and the networking features and functionality available in Windows Server 2016.
Linux Essentials (CIS 045)
Learn the basics of Linux commands and utilities, including files, editors and scripting.
Data Visualization (CIS 052)
Become a master at communicating business-relevant implications of data analysis. Import data, clean and transform it, then convey the results to stakeholders.
Mobile Apps (CIS 060)
Develop simple to more advanced applications using the latest Java technologies and the Android SDK.
- Math skills.
- Computer and technology skills.
- Curiosity and creativity.
- Stickler to detail.
- Anticipate and diagnose problems.
- Systematic approach to problem solvings.
Select Jobs in the Field
- Software Developer
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- UX, Web, Mobile Apps, or Game Designer
- Database Administrator
- Cloud Engineer
- Data Scientist
- IT Project Manager
- Systems Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer