Mental Health Counseling
Access free and confidential mental health screening for anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, substance abuse, and more. Access the Mindwise screening now.
To schedule an appointment, email Melissa.Johnsgard@missioncollege.edu.
Who Are the Staff?
Free and Confidential
Free, confidential personal counseling is available for all currently enrolled students who pay the student health fee, regardless of their citizenship status.
Students come with all types of concerns, big or small. You do not have need to have a serious psychological issue to reach out.
What Counseling Includes
- Individual psychotherapy, up to eight free sessions per semester.
- Referral to DSPS accommodations.
- Information and referral to campus and community resources.
What About Privacy? Are Services Confidential?
Yes. Student Health Services maintains a strict policy of confidentiality with HIPAA guidelines.
What Can I Talk About?
- Whatever is on your mind
- Stress and anxiety
- Relationships and communication
- Substance use and addiction
- Death or loss
- Suicidal thoughts
- Academic pressure
- Depression and loneliness
- Sexuality and gender
- Disordered eating
- Cultural adjustment
- Sexual assault