Registered Nursing (LVN-RN) Program Application
- The 2019-2020 cohort application period closed Friday, March 8, 2019 at 4 pm.
- For the 2019-2020 cohort application click here.
- 2019-2020 LVN-RN program cohort start date is Summer 2019.
- See Important Dates and Deadlines (below) for Information Session offerings.
Registered Nursing (LVN-RN) Program Application The 2019-2020 cohort application period closed Friday, March 8, 2019 at 4 pm. For the 2019-2020 cohort application click here. 2019-2020 LVN-RN program cohort start date is Summer 2019. See Important Dates and Deadlines (below) for Information Session offerings.
Welcome to the Registered Nursing LVN to RN Program
For further application or admission process information please refer to Student Information Link or contact Ms. Judy Berkley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 855-5386; Ms. Judy is the Director of the LVN-RN Program.
The Registered Nursing (LVN-RN) Program is developed for Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The program admits a new class every year into the Role Transition courses in summer. The program consists of two more semesters. Classroom instruction is offered concurrently with clinical experience. The curriculum has been organized under the standards mandated by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing. The program requires successful completion of 72 units of General Education, BRN required content, and program prerequisite courses to receive the Associate Degree in Nursing (refer to Course Sequence Form).
The Registered Nursing (LVN-RN) Program curriculum is designed to meet all California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) requirements and to prepare students through a progressive and systematic approach to achieving the program outcomes. The program outcomes prepare the students to meet competencies required for entry level into nursing practice by maintaining quality and consistency of instruction. As such, the nursing curriculum prepares students to pass successfully the NCLEX-RN licensing examination. Employment opportunities following the acquisition of the license include many different fields of nursing, such as hospitals, doctors' offices, home nursing, and others.
Upon completion of the Registered Nursing (LVN-RN) Program the student will be:
- prepared to successfully pass the NCLEX-RN licensing examination
- prepared to function in the role of an entry-level registered nurse
- prepared to demonstrate the competencies of clinical nursing skills for entry-level nursing practice
- prepared to demonstrate acquisition of theoretical knowledge by successfully complete required courses in the program
Important Dates and Deadlines
No Preregistration required
The Nursing Counselor will present information about the Registered Nursing (LVN-RN) Program and answer any questions potential applicants may have. Registration is not required.
License Examination Pass Rates For Mission College
California Board of Registered Nursing
P.O. Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-2100
phone: (916) 322-3350