Gain Office and Computer Skills
Take a Computer Applications class in keyboarding (typing), Office 365 (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, as well as a variety of Google applications.
- Office Administration - AS
- Office Information Systems - AS
- Business Information Professional - Certificate
- Microsoft Office - Certificate
- Office Information Systems - Certificate
- Noncredit Beginning Computer Skills - Certificate
- PDF of degrees and certificates
Business Info Professional
- Gain cutting-edge technical, communication, & management skills.
- Prepare for entry-level office & admin positions.
Courses to ConsiderSee all Courses
Word Processing - Course 1 & 2 (CAP 033A/B)
Practice MS Word, including text-editing, formatting, storage, retrieval, printing, tables, charts, and other basic word processing skills.
Google Apps (CAP 092B)
Google Drive and Google applications. Learn to use Gmail, Google Calendar, Document, Spreadsheet, Chrome and Presenter to achieve personal and professional productivity goals.
Learning the Keyboard (CAP 010A)
Proper techniques of keyboarding are emphasized to develop speed and accuracy. Learn the "touch" system of keyboarding on the computer.
Microsoft Excel (CAP 062B)
Basic formulas, functions, charts, and formatting. Create 3D charts, use loan amortization functions, enhance worksheets, utilize functions, and modify print options.
ACC 001A (Financial Accounting)
Study accounting as an information system, examine why it is important and how it is used by investors, creditors, and others to make decisions. See all Accounting offerings.
What is a Computer Applications Class?
The Computer Applications program provides you with the modern computer application skills you'll need to know in an office setting. These include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, desktop publishing, using the internet, and more.
Learn business communications by producing business documents, memos, and presentations. Gain proficiency in spreadsheets, including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
Whether you simply need a brush-up in these skills, or you're starting from scratch, taking a Computer Applications class is designed to get you up-to-speed and in-demand.
- Computer and technology knowledge
- Reliability and discretion.
- Ability to "make things happen"
Select Jobs in the Field
- Office manager
- Sales associate
- Office assistant
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Assistant Manager
- Administrative assistant / specialist
- Legal Secretaries
As a Computer Application student, you may decide to take a Business class or two to increase your hiring potential. These courses may count toward your degree or certificate requirements. Business Courses.