Gain Office and Computer Skills
Take a class in keyboarding (typing), Office 365 (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, as well as a variety of Google applications.
Register for Courses Today
New Course! Using Project Management Software to Manage a Project (CAP 044)
Project Management still ranks as one of the top 10 important business/tech skills in Silicon Valley and beyond.
- Fully online (Asynchronous)
Instructor: Pat Hudak
- Starts: 4/3/23, eight weeks, ends 5/26
- Mode: Fully online (Asynchronous)
- Instructor: Pat Hudak
Business Info Professional
- Gain cutting-edge technical, communication, & office management skills.
- Prepare for entry-level administrative and office jobs.
Year Up Program
- IT Help Desk, Project Management, and Data Analyst Certificates.
- Hands-on training.
- Internships at Fortune 500 companies including Facebook and LinkedIn.
Courses to ConsiderSee all Courses
Word Processing - Course 1 & 2 (CAP 033A/B)
Practice MS Word, including text-editing, formatting, storage, retrieval, printing, tables, charts, and other basic word processing skills.
Google Apps (CAP 092B)
Google Drive and Google applications. Learn to use Gmail, Google Calendar, Document, Spreadsheet, Chrome and Presenter to achieve personal and professional productivity goals.
Learning the Keyboard (CAP 010A)
Proper techniques of keyboarding are emphasized to develop speed and accuracy. Learn the "touch" system of keyboarding on the computer.
Microsoft Excel (CAP 062B)
Basic formulas, functions, charts, and formatting. Create 3D charts, use loan amortization functions, enhance worksheets, utilize functions, and modify print options.
ACC 001A (Financial Accounting)
Study accounting as an information system, examine why it is important and how it is used by investors, creditors, and others to make decisions. See all Accounting offerings.
- Computer and technology knowledge
- Reliability and discretion.
- Ability to "make things happen"
Select Jobs in the Field
- Office manager
- Sales associate
- Office assistant
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Assistant Manager
- Administrative assistant / specialist
- Legal Secretaries
As a Computer Application student, you may decide to take a Business class or two to increase your hiring potential. These courses may count toward your degree or certificate requirements. Business Courses.