General Forms

Mission College Service Request Form Use this form to request a family invitation letter, DMV letter, on-campus employment documents, transfer verification form, I-20 travel signature request, and any other requests.

Mission College Student Information Update Form Use this form to update your personal information (e.g., address, email, phone number, and emergency contact information). Please note- as an F-1 student, federal law requires that you report your current addresses for both your home country and U.S. residence within 10 days of change.

Affidavit of Support Use this in conjunction with certain requests such as I-20 extension, reapplication to a new program, etc. Refer to specific forms to see if the affidavit of support and bank letter are needed.

MC Exit Form Use this form if you are: transferring to another school, returning to your home country (without plans to return to Mission College in the current semester), or have changed to another status. You will need to submit supporting documents (e.g., copy of acceptance letter, plane ticket, proof of new status, etc.) with this form.

Deferral Form (New Students) Use this form if you are not able to come to Mission College for the start date and want to delay your start date (to start later). You can also use this form if you’d like to change any information on your SEVIS I-20. We will issue a new I-20 with a later date (or I-20 with requested changes.)

Academic Forms

Online Course Request Form - Use this form to receive permission from the international academic counselor and DSO to take any online class(es). Please remember, you can have only 3 of the 12 units for online coursework per semester-- or at least 9 units of in-class courses per semester. Permission must be received for all online coursework even if you are taking 3 units of online coursework or less.

Change of Major Form - If you plan to change your major, you are required to inform the International Student Center, so this is reflected on your I-20. Please meet with an academic counselor for an education plan in the new program of study and submit it with this form.

Concurrent Enrollment - International students are required to enroll full-time at the school where they receive the form I-20. Therefore, permission to take class(es) at another school (including West Valley College) is allowed when class(es) is/are not offered at Mission College.

I-20 Program Extension Form - If you need more time on your I-20 in order to complete your program, use this form and submit with the “Affidavit of Support” form, updated bank letter, and updated education plan. Extensions are based on students: being enrolled in classes which count toward their program on the I-20, being in lawful F-1 status, and not being on academic probation, progress probation or suspension.

Reduced Course Load (RCL) Form - Use this form if you wish to be enrolled in less than 12 units at Mission College for one of the following reasons: 1) drop/withdraw from a class due to academic difficulty in initial term, 2) final semester to complete program (e.g., obtaining associate degree), or 3) temporary illness/medical condition.

Doctor's Letter for Reduced Course Load - This form will guide you and/or your doctor with the information needed for a reduction of units for a given term due to medical reasons.  


Economic Hardship Checklist An F-1 student may be eligible for off-campus employment due to severe, unforeseen economic necessity. Meet with a DSO to discuss your eligibility. Complete checklist items. We will then create a new I-20 with the recommendation for economic hardship.

Optional Practical Training Request Optional Practical Training (OPT) offers students in good F-1 status to work in their field of study. Please make an appointment with an academic counselor to see if you qualify academically and DSO for F-1 eligibility. Please refer to the OPT Checklist for additional information including documents to send to USCIS.

OPT Checklist Refer to this checklist for the next step (e.g., submitting the paperwork to USCIS) along with additional important information regarding OPT.

Optional Practical Training (OPT) Employment Update Form For those of you who applied for OPT and did not receive the SEVP Portal information, go here to update your employment information. Reporting must be done within 90 days of the start date on your EAD card.