Phone: (408) 855-5379
Office Location: SEC-235 / 224B
Marina Broeder has taught courses in English listening, speaking, pronunciation, grammar, reading, and writing to international students and adult learners of English as a Second Language at Mission College in Santa Clara, CA since 2001.
Ms. Broeder’s passion is to help her students communicate in English with confidence and pride. Her teaching philosophy is that all learners are capable of achieving their potential by adapting Growth Mindset and with adequate guidance and support.
At Mission College, she has served in leadership positions such as Interim Academic Coordinator at the Institute for International Studies intensive English program, Senator for the Mission College Academic Senate, and Union Representative for the Associate faculty.
Currently, she is a co-advisor for the Mission InterConnect student club and an active member of the Student Equity and Success Committee as well as Associate Faculty Committee.
She is an active member of the CATESOL organization, a frequent presenter at state and regional conferences, and is a past coordinator of the Teachers of Pronunciation Interest group.
- MA, Intercultural Communication and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- TESOL, Moscow State Linguistic University, Moscow, Russia
- BA, Linguistics, Moscow State Linguistic University, Moscow, Russia
- ASCCC 2017 Gerard C. Hayward Excellence in Education Award
- Mission College Associate Faculty Service to the College Excellence Award recipient in 2015 and 2017
In her free time, Marina enjoys spending time with her family and friends. Among her hobbies are reading, classical music, yoga, rock climbing, traveling, eating good food, and drinking wine.