Virtual Bookstore Refund/Returns FAQ
How do I Return an Item?
We want to make your returns and refunds as easy and fast as possible. Our return policies vary by item ordered so please review below.
- Print textbooks/course materials purchased directly from BNC Virtual must be returned within two weeks after class start date or within 21 days of date shipped, whichever is later.
- To return print textbooks/course materials purchased directly from BNC Virtual, please log in to your account, go to the Return Center under your orders, select the item(s) you want to return, and generate a pre-paid UPS return label. The cost of return shipping will be deducted from your return credit.
- Non-activated eBooks, digital content, and access codes can be returned within 14 days after class start date or within 14 days of purchase, whichever is later. To return non-activated eBooks, digital content, and access codes, please contact customer support.
- Please Note: Digital content such as access codes, eBooks, etc. are non-returnable once accessed, activated, downloaded, or revealed. No exceptions.
- For traditional-length courses, rental books must be returned for refund within 14 days of purchase. To return a rental item, please log in to your account, go to the Return Center under your orders, select the rental(s) you want to return, and generate a pre-paid UPS return label. The cost of return shipping will be deducted from your return credit.
- We do not pay for shipping on returns. However, for your convenience, we do offer the option of pre-paid UPS shipping. Please look for this option in the Returns Center under your account. Pre-paid shipping costs are based on weight and location.
- Marketplace items must be returned within 30 days of purchase. To return a Marketplace item, please contact the Marketplace seller directly for their return policy and instructions.
- New course materials must be returned in new, unopened condition in order to receive a full refund.
- All components of a packaged item must be returned together, unopened, and in the original shrink-wrap to receive credit. All components of an item must come back in the same shipment to receive credit.
- Loose-leaf items must be in the original shrink-wrap.
- CDs, DVDs, software, access codes, study guides, and other supplemental components originally included with a book or sold alone must be intact, in the original packaging or it will be non-refundable.
- Books damaged in shipping may not be eligible for full refund.
Shipping & Packing Guidelines for Returns
- Print out a copy of your invoice/packing slip and include it with your return. Keep a copy for yourself.
- If you chose the pre-paid UPS return shipping option, print your shipping label. Otherwise you can use UPS Ground (keep your tracking number), insured USPS mail, or the shipping service of your choice.
- Please Note: Postage on returns is not refundable; only the item cost is refundable.
- Pack your return in a strong, sturdy box suitable for shipping. Fill the empty spaces with clean filler.
- Tape the box securely using shipping tape and attach the address label to the top of the box. Make sure there is only one label on the box you are using. If you are reusing a box, remove markings and labels.
Terms of Refund
- Your credit will be issued in the same manner the payment was originally made. Please allow two weeks for processing time.
- Original shipping costs and costs to send back a return are non-refundable.
Can I Cancel My Order for a Refund?
Because we work hard to get your order out quickly, we unfortunately can't change or cancel the order once it's been placed. We do make the return process easy and you can find directions on how to return eligible orders in returns above.
What if I'm Past the Return Period?
The best thing to do is see if your books have buyback value. Go to the main menu and click "Sell Your Textbooks" to find out the current buyback value of your materials.
Buyback services are provided by MBS Service Company, LLC (MBS).
How will I be Credited for My Return?
Your credit will be issued in the same manner the payment was originally made. Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing time.
If your order was purchased with your financial aid or with a book voucher, the credit will be made to your financial aid or book voucher account. If you have questions about your SFA/voucher funds, please contact the financial aid department directly.
How Long will it Take to Receive Credit for My Returns?
Please allow up to two weeks for processing once the return shipment has been received.
Our customer contact center is ready to take your order or answer your questions.
Please visit your online bookstore for your college's customized return policy and customer service help.