Mission College Economics
"Economics is the study of how to get the most out of life." (T. Cowen and A. Tabarrok)
Economists try to answer such important questions as:
- Why are some countries richer than others? What drives economic growth?
- How can we use economics to help us understand and solve environmental problems such as pollution or climate change?
- Why do some people earn more than others? What policies can be used to address economic inequality?
- What causes recessions?
- What is the role of government in the economy?
Careers in Economics
Here are some positions which require or benefit from an economics education:
- Economic Consultant
- Public Policy Analyst
- Business Owner and Entrepreneur
- Market Research Analyst
- Accountant, Actuary
- Financial Analyst
Still Not Sure?Still not sure what you could do with an economics major? Visit the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta website or watch the American Economic Association short video “A career in Economics... it's much more than you think.”
How about one of these exciting economics courses?
Is the big picture of what economics is all about. ECN 001A is needed for business majors.Read More
Microeconomics studies how individuals and firms make decisions and how pricing and production are determined. ECN 001B is needed for business majorsRead More
Interested in Business?
If you like business, your interest might include a degree in business. Check it out!
Accounting & Economics
Many of the same skills are needed for students studying accounting and economics – communication, analysis and decision making.
Thanks for your interest in economics at Mission College!