Financial Aid Office
Financial aid is money that is given, paid or loaned to you to help you pay for your
education or vocational training. Mission College believes that education should
be accessible to everyone, and the Financial Aid office is here to help you access
the funding you are eligible for to pay for your education. Please see below for helpful
links. You can always visit us at SEC 118A by the Welcome Center.
Need help with your FAFSA or Cal Dream Application. Come to a Free FAFSA & Cal Dream Financial Aid Workshop. Check here for up coming dates.
Financial aid takes on different forms:
- Grants: free money
- Work study: money earned through employment on campus
- Loans: money that has to be paid back with interest
- Scholarships: money received after being selected as a qualified applicant
Financial literacy is the ability to understand how money works. Financial Aid Office helps students to enhance their financial skills and make informed decisions about paying for college, saving and planning for the future. For tips, tools and resources check out the websites below.
Money Management Resources
Jobs, Earnings and Paychecks
- Federal Work-Study - Part-time employment on campus for eligible Financial Aid students.
- Job Hunting Tips and Career Choices - Tips and tricks that can help you find your treasure—the perfect position.
- Side Hustles - Earn a few extra bucks with a side hustle.
- Everything You Need to Know About Employee Benefits and Compensation
- Guide to Your Paycheck - Learn how to decode your pay stub.
Budgeting and Saving
- Budgeting and Money Management - Explore tips for students on how to manage your money and create a budget.
- Spending and Saving Basics Course - Free online course to increase skills and knowledge related to personal finance.
- Student Discounts - List of stores offering discounts for students.
- VITA Tax Program at Mission College - Free basic income tax return preparation for qualified individuals.
- Your Education and Taxes - Learn about education tax credits and benefits.
Banking and Credit Cards
- All about Banks - Learn more about different types of banking services.
- Credit Card Basics - Find out what credit is, what a good credit score is, and how to maintain it.
- Credit and Debt Course - This free online course will help you navigate through some common credit and debt issues.
- Avoid These 4 Credit Mistakes - Are you damaging your credit without even knowing it?
- What is Identity Theft? How can you prevent it? - Make sure you know how to protect yourself from identity theft
- Federal Student Aid and Identity Theft -Spanish- Before you apply for federal student aid, learn how to prevent identity theft.
- If Your Identity Is Stolen - Learn how to create a recovery plan if your identity has been stolen.
Mission College has partnered with CashCourse to offer free financial education resources for students.
Through worksheets, calculators, quizzes and articles, CashCourse provides students the resources to build the financial skills they need to get through the college and prepare for their future financial lives.
Register for a FREE student account to get started.
During registration, select your state and school from the drop-down menu. You’ll be taken to Mission College’s customized CashCourse website, where you can:
- Get answers to your money questions from financial experts;
- Build a budget;
- Create a student loan repayment strategy;
- Prepare for life post-graduation;
- Plan for retirement and much more!
Thank you for visiting Financial Aid!