EOPS is no longer accepting applications for fall 2018. If you are interested in joining the program in the future, please fill out our Interest List so we can contact you when we begin taking applications for spring 2019.
“Mission College EOPS is a garden of success. We give you the resources. You choose how much to grow.”
Extended Opportunity Program & Services (EOPS) offers educational support services and grants to students who:
- Have experienced economic, educational, and/or language challenges
- Who are often within the first generation in their families to attend college.
The intent, purpose, and resources of EOPS are directed toward assisting students achieve their educational goals.
Information About the Program
Services for Qualifying Students
- Enrollment assistance.
- Priority registration to ensure enrollment in needed classes
- Assistance with applying for Financial Aid
- Orientation and Workshops to help ensure student success
- Counseling and Advising
- EOPS Grants for qualifying students whose financial needs exceed the amount awarded through other types of financial aid
- Book Service to assist with the purchase of required textbooks
- School Supply Service to equip students with basic school supplies
- Tutorial Assistance
- Transfer Assistance and sponsorship of transfer and scholarship opportunities
How Do I Qualify?
To be an EOPS student you must:
- Be a California Resident or CA DREAMER/DACA/AB540 student
- Be enrolled full-time (12+ units) during your first semester in EOPS or DSPS reduce unit accommodation for under 12 units
- Qualify for a California College Promise Grant (formerly Board of Governors or BOG Fee Waiver) Method A, B or C with a Zero EFC (Expected Family Contribution)
- Be educationally disadvantaged. One of the following must apply:
- a. You did not graduate from high school or did not obtain an equivalent (must verify).
- b. You graduated from high school with a grade average less than 2.50 on a 4.0 scale (must verify).
- c. You do not qualify for college level math or English as required for an Associate Degree at Mission
- d. You are first generation college student. Your parent(s) did not receive a bachelor's degree in or out of this country.
- e. You are an emancipated foster youth and/or you were in foster care, kinship care guardianship and/or ward of the court upon your 18th birthday (you must be between the ages of 18-22)
Photo Galleries from Recent EOPS Events
Thank you for your interest in the EOPS and CARE program!