Apply NOW for a Scholarship
New Online Application
Deadline EXTENDED: Sunday, March 19th, 2023
Click HERE TO APPLY
Questions? Email email@example.com.
View 2023-24 Mission College Scholarships.
General Application Requirements
1)Submit the 2023-2024 Scholarships Application for Mission College Scholarship.
2)To be eligible for a Fall 2023 & Spring 2024 Mission College Scholarships, students:
- Must be a new, returning, continuing, or transfer student.
- Recent High School Graduates are not eligible and must submit the Mission Promise Scholarship Application.
- Possesion of a bachelor's degree or higher will disqualify you as scholarships are intended for undergraduate students.
- US Citizens, international, DACA & undocumented students are welcome to apply.
3) Letter of recommendation is NO LONGER required for this cycle.
General Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for a Mission College scholarship, you must:
- Declare a major at Mission College.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00.
- Be currently working toward your first degree.
- Have submitted all scholarship application requirements by the stated deadline.
- Have a valid 2023-2024 FAFSA or CA Dream Act application on file with Mission College if you want to be considered for a financial need-based scholarships.
- Scholarships may have additional eligibility criteria, including, but not limited to, declared major, minimum enrollment requirements, and transfer requirements.
- Note: Because awards are selected based on information provided in each application, it is possible for designated scholarship recipients to become ineligible to receive their award if changes occur in their educational plans and/or financial situation, different from the information the Financial Aid Office had at the time of the application.
- Submission of an application is not a guarantee of a scholarship. Please read and carefully answer the questions.
A committee made up of faculty members, classified staff, and private donors will select the recipients based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Level of criteria match for specific scholarships offered.
- Quality of essay and letter of recommendation.
- For financial need-based scholarships, the committee will use information from the student’s current year FAFSA or CA Dream Act application.
Letter of Recommendation (No longer required for 23/24 cycle)
- ONLINE Letter of Recommendation submission required
- New Online Scholarship Application requires and email address for the recommender. Recommender must submit submit form via online-link provided by student.
- Be sure to have your recommender's name and email address available prior to submitting application
- Give your recommender at least two weeks notice.
- Instructions & Tips (coming soon)
Current Mission College Listings
Preview Essay Questions
Essay Question #1
Please provide a personal statement. Your personal statement should show us your unique experiences, strengths, potential, career goals and aspirations. Your goal(s) should give us a strong sense of who you are, what you want to do, and who you want to be.
Essay Question #2
If awarded a scholarship, how will it help you in achieving your academic goals? Please tell us why are you most deserving of a scholarship?
Essay Question #3
How has Mission College made me a better leader?