- Can I apply for financial aid?
- What is the starting pay for a Pharmacy Technician?
- Will I still need to take the State Board of Pharmacy test before applying for my license?
- Are there evening classes available?
- How can I find jobs in the pharmacy field?
- What is an externship?
- When is the externship?
- Will this program get me in to pharmacy School?
2. What is the starting pay for a Pharmacy Technician? Starting pay varies depending upon where you are employed and the setting in which you work.You can expect a starting wage between $17-25 dollars per hour.
3. Will I still need to take the State Board of Pharmacy test before applying for
my license? No. Once you successfully complete our program you will receive a certificate of
completion which satisfies the State Board of Pharmacy.
4. Are there evening classes available?Yes, our most popular class is the evening class. It was designed for students who have day jobs. The class is from 6:30-9:30 in the evening M,T,W,TH. We also have a day class that is from 9am-12pm M,T,W,TH.
6. What is an externship? An externship is that portion of the program where the student works in a pharmacy
applying all the knowledge gained in coursework. Your availability, preferences, and
ability determine the pharmacy site. Externships are unpaid.
8. Will this program get me in to pharmacy School? No, however, it can be included with your pharmacy school application, gives you opportunities to network with pharmacists for referrals and recommendation letters, and gives you a test run in the pharmacy field.