Make College More Affordable
The Mission Promise program is designed to make college more affordable for our first-time college students from Santa Clara Unified and beyond.
First Year Requirements
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid OR California Dream Act Application.
- Enroll in 12 units for Fall (nine units if enrolled with DSPS.)
- Complete the Placement Assistance Tool.
- Complete Online COMEVO orientation.
- End of Spring term unit completion must complete 50% of cumulative units attempted.
- Must comply with the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- Complete the Math & English requirement.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA at Mission College and enroll in at least 12 units or the equivalent for the Spring term.
Second Year Requirements
- Submit your FAFSA or CADAA.
- Complete Fall/Spring term courses.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Complete Orientation.
- Completed a Comprehensive Educational Plan.
Note: Summer 2022 is not included in the Promise program. If you plan on attending during the Summer we recommend you apply for the 2021-22 FAFSA or Cal Dream Act financial aid in order to see if you are eligible for Summer aid.
- June 30 - Mission Promise Priority Deadline.
- July 24 - First year Mission Promise Applicants Notified of Status.
- August - Fall Disbursement.
- October - FAFSA/CADAA Application opens.
- November - Spring registration begins.
- Mid/Late January - Spring Disbursement.
- March - FAFSA/CADAA March 2nd Deadline.
- April - Fall registration begins.