Mission College Promise Program
The Mission Promise program is designed to make college more affordable for our first-time college students from Santa Clara Unified and beyond.
- Be a new, first-time college student for the Fall term (summer will not be counted against you)
- Apply for the Mission Promise Program by June 30 *
- We encourage you to continue to apply and we will add you to the interest list.
- Register for at least 12 units or the equivalent by priority deadline for the Fall
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid OR California Dream Act Application
- Must be a CA resident or qualify for a non-resident tuition waiver (e.g. AB540 Affidavit)
June 30- Mission Promise Priority Deadline
July 24- First year Mission Promise Applicants Notified of Status
October-FAFSA/CADAA Application opens
November-Spring registration begins
Mid/Late January-Spring Disbursement
March-FAFSA/CADAA March 2nd Deadline
April-Fall registration begins
Timeline dates: subject to change.
Q: I registered for classes and now have a balance. I thought the Mission Promise
was going to pay my fees. What should I do?
A: All Mission Promise applicants will be notified of their status by July 24th*. Eligible students will have their registration fees paid prior to the August 18th Drop for Non-Payment Deadline. Students can either pay their fees now and receive a refund or wait for their fees to be paid by the Mission Promise Program.
Q: If I pay for my classes now will I get a refund if I qualify for Mission Promise?
A: Yes, if you pay for your fees now you will get a refund.
Q: What should I do if I submitted by FAFSA/CADAA but do not see any financial aid in the Portal?
A: Please reach out to someone in Financial Aid as there may be some error in the system that is causing a delay.
Q: When will I know if I got accepted for the MC Promise?
A: Students who apply by the June 30th priority deadline will be notified of their acceptance by July 24th*.
Q: I submitted my MC Promise application what do I do next?
A: Make sure you have met all the requirements for the Mission Promise:
Be a first-time college student
Register in at least 12 units or the full-time equivalent
Submit your FAFSA/CADAA to Mission College
Check your MC Portal for financial aid updates
Follow the Steps for Success
Q: If I take a summer course, will I still be considered first-time college student
for the Mission Promise in the Fall?
Q: Are summer courses covered by the Mission Promise?
A: Summer courses are not included in the Mission Promise. Summer courses are covered by the previous academic year FAFSA/CADAA. We encourage you to apply to see if you are summer financial aid eligible.
*Dates subject to change
1st year Requirements:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid OR California Dream Act Application
- Enroll in 12 units for Fall (9units if enrolled with DSPS)
- Complete Placement Assistance Tool
- Complete Online COMEVO orientation
- End of Spring term unit completion must complete 66.7% of cumulative units attempted
- Complete Math & English requirement
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA at Mission College and enroll in at least 12 units or the equivalent for the Spring term
2nd Year Requirements
- Submit your FAFSA or CADAA
- Complete Fall/Spring term courses
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Complete Orientation
- Completed a Comprehensive Educational Plan
Note: Summer 2021 is not included in the Promise program. If you plan on attending during the summer we recommend you apply for the 2020-21 FAFSA or Cal Dream Act financial aid inorder to see if you are summer aid eligible.
Want to be part of the MISSION COLLEGE PROMISE contact Lucia Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are here to support you as a new Mission College Student!