Nutrition Classes at Mission
Nutritional Science is a dynamic field of study with connections to food science, Chemistry, and Biology. Investigate how nutrients are taken in by the body, broken down, and utilized. Nutritionists and registered dietitians evaluate diet sand offer personalized advice to clients. Online Nutrition courses are available.
What do You Learn in Nutrition Class?
Learn about healthy eating habits and the science behind food, we offer a variety of in-person and online Nutrition classes. Incorporate fundamental scientific nutrition concepts, and identify the consequences of inadequate or excess consumption of nutrients.
Careers in Nutrition
- Teamworking skills.
- Keen interest in the impact of diet on health.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills, including the ability to explain complex things simply.
- An understanding of science.
- Able to motivate others.
How to Become a NutritionistIf you don't know what to major in, or you already have a major but don't know how it translates into a career, start here. At Mission we can help you research your major and career options so you can make informed decisions. Read more about Career paths.
- Registered Dietitian (RD)*
- Dietetic Technician (Registered)
- Dietetic Service Supervisor
- Food Service Manager
- Nutrition Researcher
- Nutrition Counselor (RD advised)*
- Hospital Dietetics (RD required)*
- Sports Nutrition (RD advised)*
- Nursing Homes
- Private Practice Consultant (RD advised)*
- Food Service Inspector (RD advised)*
- Nutrition Educator (RD advised)*
- WIC Counselor
- Food Manufacturing (test kitchens)
* RD stands for Registered Dietitian degree. Most of these careers require education beyond the Associate Degree level.