Frequently Asked Questions - STATWAY
- Try ask.missioncollege.edu
- Visit the Welcome Center
- Articulation (course credit transferability)
- Associated Student Government (student government)
- Child Development
- Community Education
- Counseling (services offered)
- Dreamers (undocumented students)
- Honors Program (program advantages)
- Outreach (future students)
- Online Classes
- Transfer Center (transferring to a four-year college)
- Statway (two semester math alternative)
- Is Math 909 transferable to a four-year university? No, Math 909 is not transferable to a four-year university.
- Is Math 009 transferable to a four-year university? Yes, Math 009 is transferable to a California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) systems.
- What is the prerequisite to get into Math 909? There is no prerequisite to get into Math 909.
- If I am currently taking Math 903, can I take Math 909? If you are currently enrolled in Math 903, you may enroll in Math 909.
- If I am currently taking Math 000C, can I take Math 909? Yes, you may take Math 909 if you are currently in Math 000C.
- Are STATWAY courses offered in the summer? There are no STATWAY courses offered in the summer at this time.
- Will there be STATWAY courses offered in the evening? Yes, there will be an evening section of STATWAY available:
Math 009 classes for spring 2019:
Monday, Wednesday 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Is Math 909 (Integrative Statistics I) equivalent to Math 903 (Elementary Algebra)? No, the coursework for Math 909 is not equivalent to Math 903.
- Why should I take STATWAY classes (Math 909 and 009) instead of the traditional pathway
(Math 903, Math 000C, and Math 010)? Students who complete STATWAY:
- Collaborative learning - Work with your classmates with the instructor as a guide
- Improve your confidence in Math
- Can I take Math 009 if I have not taken Math 909? No, students must take Math 909 in order to be eligible to register for Math 009.
- Will completing Math 909 meet the math proficiency required for the Associate Degree graduation? No, you must complete both Math 909 and Math 009 in order to meet the math requirement for the Mission College Associate Degrees.