Honors Transfer Opportunities
UCLA TAP Certification
The Mission College Honors Program is a now proud member of the UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (UCLA TAP)! Mission College Honors students are eligible to be TAP Certified upon application to UCLA and that certification gives students priority admission into the College of Letters and Sciences at UCLA. The requirements for UCLA TAP Certification are as follows:
- Honors Scholar requirements completed or in progress for Spring completion.
- Completion of a 15 units of honors coursework (at least 9 units must be completed at Mission).
- UC transferable GPA of 3.25 by the end of Winter prior to transfer.
- Completion of all minimum major prep and GE (IGETC recommended) as indicated on ASSIST for a major in the College of Letters and Sciences at UCLA.
Applications for UCLA TAP are due the second Friday in February. Please see UCLA TAP FAQs for more information.
UC Irvine Honors to Honors
Mision College is a proud member of the UCI Honors to Honors Program. Eligible students are granted early admission to UCI and guaranteed admission to the prestigious Campuswide Honors Collegium. Students also receive priority consideration for a special set of merit-based scholarships. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Completion of Honors Scholar requirements complete or in progress for Spring completion.
- Completion of a 15 units of honors coursework (at least 9 units must be completed at Mission) with no more than 5 of those units completed in the spring before transfer.
- UC transferable GPA of 3.7 or higher by end of Winter prior to transfer
- Submit a UC Admissions Application to UCI no later than November 30th
- After applying to UCI, you must be verified by a UCI Admissions evaluator as having completed all transfer requirements, including the prerequisites for your major.