Let us help you pay for college by creating a payment plan.
Upcoming Deadlines for Paying for Your Classes
Students are responsible for any fees incurred and grades received. It is the students' responsibility to drop their classes.
Upcoming Drop Dates
Drop Date for Spring 2020 is Tuesday, January 14
drop dates occure about three weeks prior to the start of the term.
You will be dropped from ALL your courses (including waitlisted courses) if you have not paid your fees and are not exempt before each semester drop date. You will need to pay your course fees before the drop deadline.
Summer Financial Aid Reminder
Financial aid is available for Summer Sessions. New students who completed the 2020/2021 FAFSA or CA Dream Act for the upcoming year must also submit the 2019/2020 application in order to be considered for Summer 2020 financial aid. Complete the FAFSA or California Community Promise Grant (CCPG) application to apply.
Decide to Not Take a Class?
Oh no! We wish you could stay with us and take a class, but we understand circumstances change. If you need to drop a class prior to the start of the semester, do so by logging in My Mission Portal. Not doing so could lead to a hold on your account and/or collections.
How to Pay
- To pay online visit the My Mission Portal.
- >> Click College Web Services,
- >> Login,
- >> Select Student Account
- >> NelNet Payment Options
- You can also pay in person at the Admission Office in the Student Engagement Center's first floor by the Welcome Center. Please note if you pay in person, please specify the term for which you are paying for.
Ways to Pay for College
California College Promise Grant
- California College Promise Grant, only waives the per unit enrollment fees and a portion of the parking permit charged
to eligible California residents.
- Students that receive the California College Promise Grant are responsible for paying the College Service Charge and Student Health Fee.
- Financial aid takes on different forms from Grants, Work Study, Loans and Scholarships. Financial
Aid applications can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks to 4-6 weeks, depending on what
is submitted. This page describes the process.
- By applying for financial aid you may be eligible to receive assistance with paying
for your classes, along with other educational expenses. Find out more regarding financial aid and apply today!
- Applying for Financial Aid does not mean you qualify for or will receive financial aid.
Financial Aid & Being Dropped
Financial Aid Recipients verified to be eligible for Federal or State Grants or Loans WILL NOT be dropped for non-payment.
Students verified to be Financial Aid eligible will receive an email indicated they will not be dropped for non-payment. Those students are responsible for dropping any classes they do not intend to take and verifying the drop by printing the “Student Class Program/Web Schedule” bill.
Once the financial aid award has been posted to the students account, students with a fee balance will be able to pay the balance through their My Mission Portal account. Students will be notified after the semester begins if they have a balance due.
Note: If you do not receive this email, you are still responsible for paying your fees, or you may be dropped for non-payment.
Students in any of the groups below without any prior debts or holds will be exempt from the Drop for Non-Payment procedure:
- Foster Youth
- Nelnet Payment Plan students
- BOG and FA students
- HS Students
- Community Grant Recipients (Mission FIRST Scholarship Recipients)
Students Registering After the Drop Deadline
Students who register after the drop deadline, are enrolled in classes when the term begins, and have not paid their tuition and/or fees, will incur a financial obligation to the college AND a hold will be placed on their record if payment is not received or they do not drop prior to the refund deadline.
Students who do not meet these financial obligations in a timely manner will have their outstanding financial obligation (or, their account) sent to collections.
Holds on Your Account
If you continue not to pay your fees, a hold will be placed on your account. You will not be able to add or drop classes. More details on our hold policy.