Dr. David Piper
Phone: (408)55-5206 & (408)855-5168
Office Location: SEC-139/SEC-344
Department: Equity Faculty Lead / Humanities / Psychology
- Ed.D. in International Multicultural Education
- University of San Francisco, 1998
- Master of Arts in Counseling and Educational Psychology
- University of San Francisco, 1987
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- San Jose State University, 1972
Dr. Piper teaches Psychology, Humanities and Counseling in the Psychology, Humanities and Counseling departments at Mission College.
Prior to joining Mission College in 2005, Dr. Piper held the position of Social Science Instructor and EOPS Counselor at Monterey Peninsula College for 10 years
Accolades, Awards, Honors, Publications
1982 Mayoral Commendation: Excellence in the field of Fine Arts
1982 Outstanding service in the ARTS
1995 Associated Student HONORS award MPC
2005 RISE program Certificate of Appreciation
2010 Silicon Valley Arts Council ABBY award
When not teaching, Dr. Piper can be found engaged in community activism, arts and educational programs.
"An African proverb tells us that people who lack the knowledge of their past are like a tree without roots, they wither up and fade away."