Note: The office is currently moving and will be closed to foot traffic from 6/6/18 through 7/18/18. The center is processing applications but phone services are limited until after the move is completed.
The Northern California Regional Testing Center was established for the purpose of assisting students with completing their educational goals of becoming certified as a nursing assistant. The testing center collaborates with your educational facility, professional testing companies and certifying boards to provide access to required certifying exams.
The Northern California Regional Testing Center is hosted at Mission College through the Health Workforce Initiative Bay Area Regional Center located at:
3000 Mission College Blvd., MS 19
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: 408 855-5203
Fax: 408 855-5213
The Health Workforce Initiative Regional Testing Center Office open to walk in traffic on Tuesday and Wednesdays from 10am until 4pm in MT-16. If you have questions outside of these hours or want to make an appointment, please email the regional testing center office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 408-855-5203. Please note it may take up to one week to receive a return phone call if a message is left.
Nurse Assistant Certification Examination Northern California
If you are enrolled in a CNA training program or equivalency program and wish to take the NATAP test upon completing the required hours, please follow the steps provided in the following information (click on teal colored links for more detailed information).
How to Register for the Nurse Assistant Certification Exam:
1. Complete Nurse Assistant Certification Exam Registration Application
- Registration Application (fillable and printable pdf version if using internet explorer or safari)
- Please remember to sign the registration application
- Please send a copy of your 283B form or your 932 form along with your registration application
- Please do NOT send your application and fees via UPS or FedEx or with a signed receipt request as this will result in a delay of processing your application. The college does not directly accept mail via these methods and forwards the mail to the district warehouse for processing which may cause delays up to 10-14 days.
2. Testing Fees (NO credit card, cash, or personal check)
- Both Manual and Written Test ------------------ $100
- Manual Skills Only --------------------------------- $65
- Written Test Only ----------------------------------- $35
- Oral Written Test (additional fee) -------------- $15
- A money order or cashier’s check is accepted for fee payment. Please make the money order or cashier’s check payable to Regional Testing Center. No personal checks or cash will be accepted
3. List requested examination date and test site on application. (Please note: dates and locations are found by clicking the following links to the calendars)
- Examination Dates and Locations (revised 7/18/18)
- Examination Dates and Locations by county(revised 3/29/16)
- Registration is based upon “first come, first served” availability
- Nursing Assistant Training Program/School Scheduling Policy
- Please note: Examination Calendar revised monthly
4. Mail completed Registration Application and testing fee to:
Regional Testing Center
Mission College HWI
3000 Mission College Blvd., MS 19
Santa Clara, CA 95054
*Please review the application before mailing. Incomplete applications will not be
processed and returned.
All applications must be received 2 weeks or 10 working business days prior to the requested testing date.
Registration is based upon “first come, first served” availability
Please DO NOT send your application and fees via overnight mail or UPS or FedEx or with a signed receipt request as this will result in a delay of processing your application. The college does not directly accept mail via these methods and forwards the mail to the district warehouse for processing which may cause delays up to 10-14 days.
Confirmation of your testing date is not required for testing. Confirmation of your testing date will be emailed to you once your application has been received and processed. If you did not provide an email, you will receive a confirmation phone call from us. If we have any questions about your application, your application is incomplete, or fees are incorrect we will call you and/or email you. If we are not able to reach you by phone or email, your application packet will be returned to you by mail.
Testing Day Instruction:
Bring your original social security card, a government-approved photo identification, and your original signed CDPH283B Initial Application form or your CDPH932 form with you to the examination. (Note: copies of your social security card are not accepted)
If you fail to bring any of the above-listed documents or if you do NOT present them at the day of testing registration, you may not take the examination. You will be required to reschedule and pay the rescheduling fee.
The name on your photo identification must be the exactly the same name that is on your social security card. If the names do not match, you will not be able to take the examination.
Rescheduling Policy (Effective June 3, 2015)
You will need to “reschedule” your exam if you do not complete the following items:
If you fail to bring the required documents and identification for testing you will be charged the rescheduling fee of $25. (See candidate handbook for detailed listing)
All cancellations or absences will be charged a $25 rescheduling fee for each time the examination is rescheduled.
Registration materials are processed upon receipt, therefore there are no refunds.
How to challenge the Nurse Assistant Certification Exam:
Would you like to challenge the nurse assistant certification exam? See if you qualify by clicking link below
- Certification Application (283-B form) revised 3/15
- Recertification Application (283-C form) revised 3/15
Send copy of approved 283-C form with registration application to RTC
Testing Site Coordinators (revised 9/22/15)
- For information on becoming a testing facility, please email the regional testing site coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to verify certification status?
Contact California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
Please note that the CDPH Interactive Voice Response Unit (IVRU) is an automated phone number (916) 327-2445, which accommodates a heavy volume of calls. You may leave a voicemail with the message center at (916) 552-8811. Questions or comments may be emailed to email@example.com , please include your CNA/HHA/CHT number (if applicable). You may FAX information to the CNA/HHA Certification Unit, FAX (916) 552-8785.
- Verify CNA/HHA License
- Request Name/Address Change and/or Duplicate for CNA/HHA/CHT Certificate (0929)
- Verification of Current Nurse Assistant Certification (931 form) revised 3/15
- Complete for reciprocity from another state
Questions: Please contact the Regional Testing Center at (408) 855-5203 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you.