The Computer Applications Department at Mission is designed to provide skills necessary for success in the 21st century workplace. This includes a focus on
- Office Productivity
- Mobile/web applications and cloud technologies
The Office Productivity area is designed to provide skills necessary for success in an ever evolving workplace setting.
The Mobile/Web applications and Cloud Technologies area provides skills necessary to effectively extend workplace collaboration, communication, and knowledge.
- Students can take classes on a wide range of application packages offered for the whole semester, online, and for short time periods (five to six weeks).
- Students can earn a variety of certificates and degrees.
- Instructors have strong computer backgrounds who care about your success.
- Classes are offered at beginning, intermediate and advanced levels.
- There are opportunities to apply your knowledge and skills through internships.
- Business Information Worker
- Office Manager
- Help Desk Support
- Administrative Assistant
- Web Developer
Some career options may require more than two years of college study.
- CAP 010A*-- Learning the Keyboard (Various class times) 1.0 units
- CAP 010C--Keyboarding Speed & Accuracy (Various class times) 1.0 units
- CAP 013--Ten-Key Numeric keypad (Various class times) 1.0 units
MS Office 2016 Courses
- CAP 033A* Word Processing Course 1 3.0 units (online)
- CAP 045A Intro to MS Project 1.0 units (online) Free MS Project Software!
- CAP 045B Intermediate MS Project 2.0 units (online) Free MS Project Software!
- CAP 046D/CAP 046E Introductory/ Intermediate MS PowerPoint 1.0 units each (online)
- CAP 047 Vision for Visionaries (2.0 units (online)
- CAP 062B* Intro to MS Excel (1.0 units) (Face to Face & online)
- CAP 063B Intermediate MS Excel (2.0 units) (Face to face & Online)
- CAP 081B Intermediate MS Access (2.0 units) Online
Google Apps and Web Courses (all online)
- CAP 097A Creating Web Pages-Course 1 (1.0 units)
- CAP 092B Google Apps 2.0 units
*These courses can be used to fulfill the requirements of the Business Information Worker I Pathway. Download the BIW flyer here.
Note: All CA students are welcome to use the Keyboarding/ Computer lab in GC-202 no matter which CA course they are taking. Fall 2017 lab hours are Mon-Wednesday 2:30 to 5:20PM; and Fridays 9:20 AM to 12:10PM