Welcome Working Adults
We have students just like you. Students who:
- Work part-time.
- Take care of familes.
- Started and then stopped college
- Have never been to college.
- Are single parents or grandparents.
- Are looking for a new career path and already have a degree.
- Are Looking to get retrained or advance skills.
You might also look at classes for the Working Professional to upskill your career.
Mission Go App
Search and pay for your classes, log into Canvas, find a map, and chat with us on the go!
Benefits of Going to Mission College
- Affordable Education ($46 per unit)
- Less (or no) Debt
- Better Paying Jobs Upon Graduation
- Plenty of Parking
- Classes on your schedule (online, evening, in-person)
- Older students just like you!
Students with Children
Did you know our CalWORKs program is specifically for students with children and provides financial assistance and other support.
Our Child Development Center welcomes children six weeks to kindergarten and welcomes full-time Mission College students to inquire about the program.
- Free laptop and wifi hotspot loans.
- 2nd Harvest Foodbank distribution on campus.
- Emergency assistance funding to pay bills.
- Scholarships and the Mission Promise program for first-time students.
- Free Smartpass to ride the VTA light rail and buses.
- Free mental health services.
- Zero cost textbooks or Food for Textbooks.
Jacqueline is a Working Mom in College
Watch the story of Jaqueline and her daughter, Sabrina, both Mission College students. Jacqueline was a working mom who raised four kids and is completing her degree.
Kim Pagarillo's Success Story
Kinesiology student Kim Pagarillo's long journey through academia ended up teaching her to take responsibility for herself.
Non-Traditional Transfer student Daniel Waters
Daniel Waters transferred to San Jose State, coming back to school (and community college) after working. As a non-traditional student he credits Mission's Communication instructors in helping him succeed.