Pharmacy Technician Program
Evening session starts February 26, 2024.
PTCB approved Pharmacy Technician program qualifies and prepares you for California State Board of Pharmacy Technician Licensing.
Become an essential worker. Get your foot in the door to the growing healthcare field. Low instructor to student ratio.
Please Note: Mission College Pharmacy Technician does not offer an AS/AA degree. Program offers a certificate of completion and eligibility for California Board of Pharmacy Licensing including job placement.
- This 30-week accelarated program takes a very practical approach to pharmacy training, and is designed to prepare graduates for work in one of many pharmacy settings such as retail, hospital, managed care, and compounding.
- The program is excellent for recent high school graduates, college students, ex-healthcare workers, those looking for a career change, and any one who wants entry into the pharmacy or health fields.
- The curriculum is written by pharmacists, and classes are taught by both pharmacists and certified pharmacy technicians practicing in all areas of pharmacy.
- Students will receive 400 contact hours that include class and lab instruction, tutoring and workshop sessions, externship experiential training in a pharmacy.
- Graduates of the training program will receive a Certificate of Completion and eligibility for licensure (registration) by the CA State Board of Pharmacy.
- PTCB approved program.
- Facebook Live Presentation with former student Natalie Buccholz (now at USC.)
- PDF of Presentation
- Summer PharmTech Facebook Live Presentation with former students Ranbir Kahlon and Lyli Do
Learn About Pharmacy Industry
Schedule and Appointment
- Talk to Jessica or Noori about an exciting career and request a meeting for an interview and assessment.
- Day and evening classes available.
Start Your Career!
- Next cohort starts February 26, 2024
- Integrity and Ethics
- Ability to relate to people (interpersonal skills)
- Communication skills
- Management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Computer Literacy
Select Jobs in the Field
- Pharmacy Technician
- Retail pharmacy, filling prescriptions
- Closed-door pharmacy that works with specific groups like hospice facilites, jails or online medication companies
- Hospital pharmacy providing round-the-clock coverage
- Pharmacy benefit manager, overseeing the operations