Welcome to CARE
The Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) program, a component of EOPS, is designed to focus on the unique needs of single-parent students who receive Cash Aid/TANF funds.
CARE Program Goals
CARE endeavors to assist students in realizing their visions of educational success and economic independence.
- Be accepted into EOPS
- Be a single head of household parent
- Receive CalWORKS/TANF (cash aid) benefits for yourself or your child(ren)
- Must complete CARE application form and have verified by case worker
Benefits & Services
- Laptop Loan Program
- Meal Vouchers
- CARE Resource Library
- Educational Events and Trips
- Community Resources
The CARE program provided me with a sense of belonging and was like a second family to me.
It was nice to have established friendships with a group of individuals who were in similar situations as I; we all understood first-hand the struggles that came along with being at a socio-economic disadvantage and also single parents.
Thanks to support programs such as CARE, I graduated with an AA-T in Communication Studies.
- Alma Rosales, AA-T in Communication Studies