Mechatronics is a branch of engineering that brings together mechanical, electrical, computer, and robotics engineering.
Work at the Forefront of Technology
Mechatronics combines principles of mechanics, engineering, and computing to create and improve new technology that contains artificial intelligence.
Mechatronics are used in self-driving cars, biotechnology, robots, robotic-assisted surgical systems, NASA's Curiosity Rover, system integrators, and even the Roomba.
Degree and Certificate
- Choose either a 60 unit degree or 18-24 unit certificate.
- Mechatronics Technology (AS)
- Mechatronics Technology (C)
- Study digital logic systems, digital manufacturing, circuit analysis, semiconductor devices, & more.
- Most classes are held in the evening.
Mechatronics for Veterans
Mechatronics is perfect for veterans, reservists and active miltary. If you like to work with robots, drones, fix cars or work with your hands, Mechatronics will power your future. Talk to our VALOR/Veterans Center
There's a popular saying in STEM that we 'stand on the shoulders of giants' and I've grown to resonate with this type of intellectual collaboration. In my case, my Engineering and Physics professors from Mission were those giants.
Osiriz Durana '22
UCLA Transfer StudentRead His Story
Featured MTT CoursesSee all Courses
Intro to Technology and Careers (MTT 010)
In MTT 010 explore the field of mechatronic technicians.
Electronic Systems Measurement & Troubleshooting (MTT 012)
Study the measurement of electronic systems, data collections, and reporting results.
Analog Circuits and Semiconductor Devices (MTT 040)
learn about analog circuits, including amps, oscillators and filters.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to think logically.
- Reliable under stressful situations.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Communication skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
Select Jobs in the Field
- Robotics Technician.
- Field Service Technician.
- Industrial Maintenance Technician.
- Engineering Technician.
- Electromechanical Technician.
- Control Systems Technician.