The Honors Program provides motivated students the opportunity to work closely with instructors and other motivated students in advanced levels of critical thinking, analysis, research, writing, and communication.
Most Honors courses meet IGETC and CSU GE-B transfer requirements and are taught by outstanding faculty, selected for their special interest in working with Honors students.
The Honors Advantage
- Intellectually challenging curriculum.
- Close interactions with dynamic instructors.
- Supportive relationships with other bright, energetic learners.
- Honors recognition on transcripts.
- Participation in research conferences and special events.
- Academic transfer counseling.
- Priority registration (based on completion of 3SP requirements.)
- UCLA TAP & UCI Honors to Honors Certification.
- Priority admission consideration UCLA, UCI and many other colleges and universities.
- Honors Scholar Recognition.
If you're thinking about transferring to a university - join the Honors Transfer Project. I have met some of my best friends through that program as well as found myself in a community of faculty, staff, and students who all are there to help you get to wherever you want to be.
Lina Kawas '16
Honors Transfer to UCSD
Service Area Outcomes
SAO 1: Students in the Honors Program will participate in activities outside of the classroom that will complement their educational experience.
SAO 2: Students in the Honors Program will have the opportunity to work with faculty to develop and conduct research.