Enriched Educational Experiences
The Honors Program provides highly motivated students the opportunity to work closely with instructors and other motivated students in advanced levels of critical thinking, analysis, research, writing, and communication.
Honors courses offer enriched educational experiences through challenging coursework, stimulating colloquia, and the opportunity to study with other students interested in the highest level of learning.
Most Honors courses meet IGETC and CSU GE-B transfer requirements and are taught by outstanding faculty, selected for their special interest in working with Honors students.
The Honors Advantage
- Intellectually challenging curriculum.
- Close interactions with dynamic instructors.
- Supportive relationships with other bright, energetic learners.
- Honors recognition on transcripts.
- Participation in research conferences and special events.
- Academic transfer counseling.
- Priority registration (based on completion of 3SP requirements.)
- UCLA TAP & UCI Honors to Honors Certification.
- Priority admission consideration UCLA, UCI and many other colleges and universities.
- Honors Scholar Recognition.
Honors Success Story
A transfer to UC San Diego, Lina met some of her best friends in the Honors Transfer Project
Honors Program Galleries
Service Area Outcomes
SAO 1: Students in the Honors Program will participate in activities outside of the classroom that will complement their educational experience.
SAO 2: Students in the Honors Program will have the opportunity to work with faculty to develop and conduct research.