link Petition to Graduate
Mission Valley College logo.

Petition to Graduate

two female graduates
Petition to Graduate

The links to the petition to graduate applications are as follows:

Information on commencement is here. 


After you have submitted an application (see Petition to Graduate above) you will receive a receipt of application email letter from Admissions & Records with your application status: 

  1. Approved.
  2. Pending.
  3. Denied. If the letter states that you must provide more information, please make sure you do that at your earliest convenience as you will not receive any further correspondence.

If you have questions once you receive your letter, please see a counselor.


Graduation Status Definitions

You will receive the "approved" status if you have completed all of your requirements.

You will receive the “approved pending” status if you are enrolled in your final classes the semester for which you have applied.

You will receive the “denied” status if you are not enrolled in your final classes during the semester for which you have applied. If you are denied, you will need re-apply for graduation in the term you will complete your requirements.

 Some Reasons for Denial

You did not:

  • Complete a minimum of 60 units for an Associate Degree
  • Make up an Incomplete Grade from a past semester
  • Have 2.0 (C) cumulative grade point average
  • Submit official copy of transcripts from other institution(s)
  • Complete required courses for major with C or better
  • Complete 12 residency units at Mission College
  • Submit proof of current semester enrollment from other institution
When to Expect Your Diploma

Your degree should be posted by the dates listed under "graduation policies" of the term in which you have graduated. Your diploma will be mailed to the address listed on your Application for Graduation. If your address change, please update your address in person, and notify the Records office.

Requesting Transcripts

If you wish to order transcripts, make sure your degree has posted by reviewing your Unofficial Transcript through My Mission Portal. Once your degree has posted, you may order your transcripts.

Transfer Requirements & Curriculum Guides

CSUGE-B: California State University General Education-Breath (requirements for students transferring to CSU).

IGETC: Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum requirements for students transferring to CSU or UC.

Additional Information, please see Articulation Documents & Resource.

For CSU application daeadline dates, see CSU Transcript/Document Deadlines