Mission College Promise Program
The Mission Promise program is designed to make college more affordable for our first-time college students from Santa Clara Unified and beyond.
NEW for the upcoming academic year Mission Scholars will receive:
- Two years of Free Tuition (up to 12 units/term) beginning in the Fall
- Up to $1,000 for books and/or other educational expenses (up to $500/term)
- Transportation assistance with a free VTA SmartPass
- Additional follow-up services to help you stay on track
Mission Promise Scholars must:
- Be a new, first-time college student for the Fall term
- Apply for the Mission Promise Program by July 30 *
- Register for at least 12 units or the equivalent by priority deadline for the Fall
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid OR California Dream Act Application
- Must be a CA resident or qualify for a non-resident tuition waiver (e.g. AB540 Affidavit)
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA at Mission College and enroll in at least 12 units or the equivalent for the Spring term
Note: Summer 2020 is not included in the Promise program. If you plan on attending during the summer we recommend you apply for the the 19-20 FAFSA or Cal Dream Act financial aid inorder to see if you are summer aid eligible.