Disability Support Programs & Services (DSPS)
DSPS Mission Statement
Our goal is to support the college student with a disability to enter campus life, its programs and activities, both on campus and through distance education. We emphasize educational achievement as well as retention and success, in both higher education and career goals. Reasonable accommodations, when eligible, are provided to minimize the effects of your disability and maximize your potential success.
Getting Started with DSPS
services coming soon!
Students do not need to have a learning or physical challenge to enroll in Educational Assistance courses; however, in order to receive services such as notetaking, test-taking accommodations, etc., students must have written verification of an eligible disability.
Eligibility for academic accommodations is based on a student's condition which must:
- Fall within the diagnostic categories listed on Disability Verification Form (below), and
- Impair a major life activity, and
- Pose an educational limitation for which accommodation is required and appropriate.
Mission College uses the information requested on the disability Verification Form for the purpose of determining a student s eligibility to received authorized special services provided by the Disability Instructional Support Center. The definitions here are per the State of California Administration Code, Title 5, Section 56032 to 56044.
Steps for Getting Started in DSPS
Visit Mission College Future Students for important information on applying to the college.
- Apply to Mission College
- Attend a DSPS Orientation meeting
- Take the Academic Skills Assessment test (if you have a verifiable disability, contact DSPS to request test taking arrangements)
- Submit your disability documentation to DSPS and schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor to discuss your classes and appropriate accommodations.
- Make an appointment to meet with a DSPS Counselor to create your Educational Plan
- Register for classes
- Request academic accommodations every semester
APPLICATION TO DSPS
DSPS ONLINE SERVICES
For Current Students who have met with a DSPS Advisor and have been approved for services:
- Click on DSPS Online Services (above)
- Login to DSPS Online Services:
- Enter username (your College ID number starting with G0 (the number zero, for example: G01234567)
- Enter default password: Welcome
- Sign any e-agreements (Test Taking Agreement, Note Taking Agreement, etc.)
- Follow instructions to request accommodations for the courses shown in which you are registered.
Thank you for visiting DSPS!