Frequently Asked Questions - Future Students
- Try ask.missioncollege.edu
- Visit the Welcome Center
- Articulation (course credit transferability)
- Associated Student Government (student government)
- Child Development
- Community Education
- Counseling (services offered)
- Dreamers (undocumented students)
- Honors Program (program advantages)
- Outreach (future students)
- Online Classes
- Transfer Center (transferring to a four-year college)
- Statway (two semester math alternative)
- Who is eligible to attend Mission College?
- Is Mission College on a semester or quarter system?
- How much does it cost to attend Mission College?
- Do you have an International Students Program?
- Where do I find the Mission College catalog?
- Am I able to take classes at Mission and at West Valley during the same semester?
Admissions & Records
- How do I apply for admission?
- How do I enroll in classes?
- How do I order a copy of my transcript?
- How do I pay student fees?
- Can I check, add or drop classes online?
- Can I check my grades or request transcripts online?
- Where do I get a parking Permit and how much does it cost?
- Is there any time that parking is not enforced?
- What is an Ed Plan and where do I get it?
- Where do I sign up for an Assessment Test?
- How can I sign up for an orientation?
- How can I get an instructor's e-mail address or telephone number?
- Are there any tutoring centers on campus?
- Where do I purchase books?
- Where do I get my official Mission College ID card?
- Does the campus have wireless internet?
- Is there a student job list?
- Where is the Mission College Lost & Found?
Frequently Asked Questions Below
Mission College grants admission to anyone who is a high school graduate, has passed the State Proficiency Test, received a G.E.D., or is 18 years of age or older. A student whose legal residence is outside of California and has not resided in the state for one year and one day prior to the first day of the term may apply for admission as a non-resident and is subject to non-resident fees.
- Is Mission College on a semester or quarter system? Mission College offers 16 week semesters (Fall & Spring). Although most classes are
semester length, there are also late start and short term classes as well. There is
also a four week winter session, January; and there are also two summer sessions each
of which is only six weeks.
Winter Session: JanuaryThe college offers a limited selection of courses during these short sessions.
Summer Session 1: June to July
Summer Session 2: July to August
- How much does it cost to attend Mission College? The cost varies depending on your residence. California residents pay $46 per unit, and International students and Out-of-State Students pay a different price per unit. In addition to the enrollment fees, students must pay miscellaneous fees each semester (e.g. health center fee).
- Do you have an International Students Program? Yes, we have two programs for international students. Visit the International Student pages, drop by the International Students office located in the Student Engagement Center Room 111, contact the office via phone at (408) 855-5110, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where do I find the Mission College catalog? The catalog can be found online or hard copies of the catalog may be purchased at the Mission College Bookstore.
- Am I able to take classes at Mission and at West Valley during the same semester? Yes. Mission College and West Valley College are part of the same community college district. Mission College students are able to enroll in West Valley courses and West Valley students are able to enroll in Mission College courses without completing a second admissions application. Your transcript will show courses taken at both schools.
- How do I log into My Mission Portal? For first time users: your user name is your G0- 7 digit student id number. Your password is your 6 digit birthday.
ExampleWhen you log into My Mission Portal for the first time, you will be asked to change your password.
Student Name: John Doe
Student ID Number: G01234567
User name: G01234567
- I forgot my password to My Mission Portal, now what? If you have forgotten your password, go to My Mission Portal and click on What's my Password. Follow the instructions to create a new password. This will only work if we have a current and active email address on file for you.
Admissions & Records
- How do I apply for admission? Submit your application online: After your application has been successfully transmitted via the online application, you will receive email confirmation at the email address that you provide. This process may take 48 hours.
- How do I enroll in classes? Online through My Mission Portal
- How do I order a copy of my transcript? Official transcripts are available through written request, at the Admission & Records Office, SEC 118. Unofficial transcripts are available on-line through My Mission Portal.
- How do I pay student fees? Fees may be paid by credit card through My Mission Portal. Fees may also be paid by cash, check or credit card at the Admissions & Records office.
- Can I check, add or drop classes online? Yes, all of the above may be done through My Mission Portal On the first day of classes, Web registration is turned off for all semester length class sections (not for the late start classes). Students who want to add a class on or after the first day of the class will be given a unique Add Code by the instructor. This code will allow the students to add closed sections via My Mission Portal only.
- Can I check my grades or request transcripts online? Grades are available on-line at My Mission Portal Unofficial transcripts are available through My Mission Portal. Official transcripts must be requested at the Admissions & Records office..
- I missed the Financial Aid priority filing period. Do I have to wait until next year to apply? No! Applying during the priority filing period is optimal, but students are able to apply for financial aid throughout the year. Contact the Financial Aid office for more information.
- Where do I get a parking Permit and how much does it cost? Parking permits are purchased online. Parking permits for Fall and Spring Semesters are $50 and $25 for Summer session. Daily parking permits may be purchased in Parking Lots B, C or D for $2. Please see the Parking page for detailed information.
- Is there any time that parking is not enforced? A "grace period" of two weeks is given during Fall & Spring semesters: one week prior to the start of the semester and the first week of the semester. During this "grace period" parking citations will not be issued to vehicles without permits that are parked in marked student parking stalls only. There is no parking grace period during Summer session. NOTE: Parking in 30-minute visitor slots, staff, and other restricted areas will always be enforced!
- What is an Ed Plan and where do I get it?The Ed Plan is your Educational Plan which shows you exactly what you need to take and which semester to take it in order to graduate as soon as you can. You can meet with a Counselor in the Counseling Office and they can help put it together.
- Where do I sign up for an Assessment Test? After applying for admission to the college, drop-in testing is available at the Assessment Center. Please check the Assessment Center website for current office hours and information.
- How can I sign up for an orientation? The Counseling A Orientation course is offered each semester for .5 units. Enroll in one of the Orientation courses through My Mission Portal, T-Reg or at Admissions & Records.
- How can I get an instructor's e-mail address or telephone number? Search the Administration, Staff & Faculty Directory. To find Associate Faculty information, contact the Academic department. Note: the typical format for Mission College emails are structured as follows: instructor's first name.(dot)last email@example.com
- Are there any tutoring centers on campus? Free tutoring is offered to Mission College students. The Academic Support Center offers tutoring for most subjects offered at Mission College, including math, sciences, technology, engineering, language arts, foreign languages, vocational programs, and many others.
- Where do I purchase books? The Mission College Bookstore is located in the Campus Center on the first floor. Textbooks may also be ordered online at mc.bncollege.com.
- Where do I get my official Mission College ID card? Visit the Campus Center Information Desk in front of the Bookstore. Just go there with your government issued photo id and your registration statement and they can create the Mission ID card.
- Does the campus have wireless internet? Yes, wireless access is available throughout the campus and is open.
- Is there a student job list? There are several ways to go about looking for a job on campus. Go to jobs.missioncollege.edu for exclusive on-campus jobs.
- Work Study positions are listed in the Financial Aid office for students that have been granted work study as part of their financial aid award.
- You may also visit the various campus offices and inquire about open positions. Right before the beginning of Fall or Spring semester are typically times that departments may be hiring or anticipating hiring for the next semester.
- Where is the Mission College Lost & Found? Items found on campus are taken to the Campus Police Office. It is located on the outside of the Campus Center and is adjacent to the Child Development Center.