Read the Latest 2020 Fall Career Education Newsletter!
Mission College Hospitality Management
Visit our state-of-the-art facility and learn how we can help you achieve your goals in the dynamic hospitality industry.
By completing our degree program, you will:
- Develop powerful and effective management skills.
- Gain real-world experience in our own student-operated restaurants and high-impact hands on opportunities.
- Meet movers and shakers in the industry and make contacts for future employment.
- Build a resume to further enhance your future employment opportunities.
- Create a pathway to transfer to a four-year university to continue your education.
- Find that Degree & Certificate Application is open all year round.
- Develop the foundation necessary to get you moving forward in your Hospitality Career.
Degrees and Certificates in Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Management (AS)
- Food Service & Restaurant Management (C)
- Fundamental Food Service Skills I (C)
- PDF of our degrees/certificates from the catalog
- Download Brochure
KCBS Interviews with Hospitality Management.
Take a look at our many hospitality management photo galleries at flikr.com/go2missionSC!
Classes to Consider
All classes are online this summer. Never taken an online class? Here's some information.
Introduction to the Hospitality Industry – FDR 050A (CRN 51683):
An overview of the tourism, hospitality and food service industries. Career pathways, service concepts and an introduction to supervision and management are included.
Menu Planning – FDR 075 (CRN 51528):
An introduction and study of menu planning, costing and menu mix concepts. The critical nature of the menu as the primary operational influence tool is discussed.
Supervision and Leadership – FDR 059 (CRN 51257):
In depth study of traditional and contemporary supervisory and managerial principles and concepts. Diversity, equity and the application of ethical leadership are course highlights.
Sales and Marketing in the Hospitality Industry – FDR 076 (CRN 51844):
This course provides students with the practical knowledge to understand and develop short-term and strategic marketing strategies. Marketing as driver of management philosophy and service delivery is emphasized
Culinary Courses to Choose From
Degrees & Certificates
Hospitality Management Classes
High School Cooking Competition