Welcome to EOPS!
EOPS is now accepting applications for SPRING 2021. Click HERE to apply!
Get started with Cranium Cafe using our help resources.
About the Program
How Do I Qualify?
To Be an EOPS Student You Must:
- Be a California Resident or CA DREAMER/DACA/AB540 student
- Be enrolled full-time (12+ units) during your first semester in EOPS (DSPS/Foster Youth reduced unit accommodation: 9 units)
- Qualify for a California College Promise Grant
- Method A, B or C with a Zero EFC (Expected Family Contribution)
- Be educationally disadvantaged. One of the following must apply:
- You did not graduate from high school or did not obtain an equivalent (must verify).
- You graduated from high school with a grade average less than 2.50 on a 4.0 scale (must verify).
- You do not qualify for college level math or English as required for an Associate Degree at Mission.
- You are a first generation college student. Your parent(s) did not receive a bachelor's degree in or out of this country.
- You are an emancipated foster youth and/or you were in foster care, kinship care guardianship and/or ward of the court upon your 18th birthday (you must be between the ages of 18-22).
EOPS provides the following benefits and services:
- Enrollment assistance
- Priority registration to ensure enrollment in needed courses
- Assistance with applying for Financial Aid
- Orientation and Workshops to help ensure student success
- Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling
- EOPS Grants for qualifying students whose financial needs exceed the amount awarded through other types of financial aid
- Book Vouchers to assist with the purchase of required textbooks
- School Survival Kit to equip students with basic school supplies
- Transfer Assisance and sponsorship of transfer and scholarship opportunities
Extended Opportunity Programs & Services is:
- A program that empowers students to overcome, persevere, and succeed with the support of staff and assigned counselors to guide you toward your academic and career goals.
- A place to build a diverse community with like-minded students while enjoying services such as FREE printing, school supplies, laptop/calculator loan programs, and a positive, stress-free study area.
- A helping hand that eases a student's financial burden by providing book vouchers, grants, transportation assistance, and much more!
"Mission College EOPS is a garden of success. We give you the resources. You choose how much to grow.”
Photo Galleries from Recent Events
Thank you for your interest in the EOPS and CARE program!