What Is This?
This site is geared for current and former foster youth (up to age 25) as well as unaccompanied/homelesss youth (up to age 25) who are attending or planning to attend Mission College.
As part of the Foster Youth Success Initiative (FYSI) in the community college system, we have put together this place for information, eligibility determination, resources for both on & off campus and who can help. The blue heart symbolizes our commitment to your success.
Mission offers a number of services for students in need, see our Mission Cares page for details.
Am I Eligible?
Are you a current foster youth receiving care? Are you a former foster who may have "aged out?"
Does any of this sound like you?
- I have a Social or Case Worker
- I live with a relative or someone other than my parent
- I don’t stay in one place long, like ‘couch surfing’
- I live in my car
- I live in a foster or group home
What Kind of Support & Services Can I Expect?
- Assistance with application completion – admission, financial aid, student services
- Financial Aid Processing – FAFSA/CADA, BOG Fee Waiver, Chafee Grant
- Priority Registration
- Text Book Assistance
- Second Harvest Food Bank pantry the first Wednesday of every month and free bread in the VALOR Veteran's Center
- Assistance with supplies
- Shower in gym (basic toiletries provided=soap, shampoo, etc.), contact Saul Zendejas @ 408-855-5539
- Need a snack or water? Stop by and see Katy in SEC 120A!