Associate Faculty Committee
Type of Committee: Constituent Group
Sub-Committee Reports to: Academic Senate
The Mission College Part-time Faculty Committee serves as a standing subcommittee of the Academic Senate to provide support to the Senate and the College as a whole on all academic issues pertaining to part-time faculty. This includes the following:
- Increase part-time faculty participation in department work and representation on key shared governance committees.
- Encourage part-time faculty to join, collaborate, and interact with the statewide Academic Senate and other part-time advocacy organizations.
- Improve communication mechanisms for keeping part-time faculty informed of the work of the Senate.
- Advocate for college policies that promote inclusiveness and social justice for part-time faculty and for college climate where full-time faculty support and advocate for part-time faculty.
- Provide guidance and support for the part-time faculty in regards to timely evaluations, maintenance of rehiring preference rights, and assignment of classes according to seniority.
- Ensure that part-time faculty have access to professional development opportunities and funds.
- Collaborate and maintain communication with the MCAS, ACE AFT and other colleagues.