The Voice of Faculty
The Mission College Academic Senate is the voice of all faculty, both full and part time, in the governance and decision-making processes of the college. In accordance with Title 5 section 53203, the Academic Senate makes recommendations to the college and district on a wide range of academic and professional matters:
- Curriculum including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading Policies
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- District and college governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the academic senate.
The Academic Senate relies on the collective wisdom and professional expertise of faculty to develop its recommendations, and all faculty are encouraged to become involved through participation in Academic Senate committees, communication with their division Senators, or attending Academic Senate meetings.
Agenda and Minutes
State Academic Senate Resources
The purpose of this District Academic Senate shall be to assure that the faculty of the West Valley-Mission Community College District have a formal and effective procedure for participating in the formation of the West Valley-Mission Community College District goals and policies on academic and professional matters.