Type of Committee: Participatory Group
Sub-Committee Reports to: GAP
Charge: The Mental Health and Wellness Committee (MHW) is a subcommittee of the Student Services Council. The Committee facilitates student support services.
Mission: The Mental Health & Wellness Committee is committed to promote mental health awareness and holistic health from an equitable lens to serve the diverse needs of our student population by providing information, activities, and services to increase emotional, psychological, physical, spiritual and social well-being. 2019-20 | Student Wellness Ambassadors College Profile
- Provide and connect students to resources on and off-campus through community partnerships and enhanced marketing strategies to promote the services of the Mission College Student Health Center.
- Raise awareness and reduce the stigma around mental health through events, activities, social media campaigns, and the circulation of promotional items.
- Provide presentations to campus shared governance bodies and new faculty orientation about the committee’s objectives, work, and upcoming events to increase buy-in and support across Mission College.
- Promote holistic student wellness by providing information, resources, workshops, and events focused on physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health
- Empower students, staff, faculty, and administration to support the mental health and wellness of others on campus and promote personal growth by providing a variety of developmental workshops and presentations.
- Work with shared governance groups to offer employee workshops on protocol and procedures around ‘Assisting the Emotionally Distressed Student.’