ESL Credit Program
For Low-Intermediate to Advanced Students
The credit ESL program is for low intermediate to advanced level students. Courses in reading /writing/grammar and listening/speaking prepare students to successfully reach their goals.
We also have optional courses in pronunciation, listening and culture, and English for Child Development.
View ESL Credit Certificate Requirements
- Highly experienced, educated, and helpful instructors.
- Five levels, low intermediate to advanced.
- Between 3-6 units of credit and hours of instruction per course.
- Fall and Spring courses 16 weeks.
- Winter and Summer courses 4-6 weeks.
- Certificate of proficiency for advanced students who complete the ESL Program.
- Tutoring is available through our Academic Support Center.
Type of student
- Improve English skills and earn a certificate of proficiency to use towards a four-year college.
- Improve English skills to get a better job.
- Communicate more successfully in English in your personal life.
Cost$46 per unit plus fees for California residents. Non-California residents and international students are $265 per unit plus fees. Financial aid is available for students who qualify.
Courses to Consider
Current Class Schedule: English as a Second Language-MC
Reading/Writing/Grammar (ESL 940 to 970)
Effective Writing for Advanced Students (ESL 980)
Improve your reading and writing with one of our new RW classes.
Listening and Speaking (ESL 940)
Improve your communication skills for study, work and personal goals.
Grammar and Editing (ESL 945GE and 965GE)
Review and refine grammar skills.
ESL for Child Development (ESL 950EC)
If you work with children, this course is designed for you.