Are You on Course?
Get Started (0 Units): At this stage, I will:
- Apply for admission.
- Take an English/Reading & Math assessment (or an ESL assessment.)
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- Complete a New Student orientation.
- Meet with a Mission College counselor to develop an Educational Plan.
- Register for classes.
The First 15 (0 to 15 Units*): At this stage, I will:
- Identify the Student Support Services that support me.
- Keep current with my college accounts (MC Portal)
- Explore Campus Clubs/Activities.
- Explore areas of interest.
- Attend a campus event.
Making Progress (16 to 30 Units*): At this stage, I will:
- Identify an area of interest (major, certificate, area of emphasis, etc.)
- Meet with Instructors during their office hours
Moving Forward (31 to 45 Units*): At this stage, I will:
- Identify career, transfer, or graduation options.
- Apply for transfer or seek professional internships.
- Update your Educational Plan with a counselor.
Graduate & Transfer (45 to 60 Units*): At this stage, I will:
- Complete transfer requirements.
- Tour transfer campuses – attend campus open houses.
- Petition for graduation.
- Apply for Financial Aid or scholarships for transfer.
Lifelong Learning (70 Units* and Beyond): At this stage, I will:
- Demonstrate and apply skills for lifelong learning.
- Apply what I have learned at Mission College to contribute to society.
* Applies to degree applicable courses only