Our mission is to help you succeed in reaching your personal academic goals. To begin, peruse our advising resources and/or connect with us through appointments and drop-in counseling!
Mission College counselors are ready to assist you in your pursuit of higher education! Navigating the college environment isn't always easy. With so many educational options available, it's challenging to know where to start.
Our professionally trained and courteous counselors are available to help you clarify your academic path. Your dreams, interests, strengths, and story are unlike any other student, and our approach to academic counseling reflects that.
Reasons to Seek Academic Counseling
- Create your educational plan
- Abbreviated Educational Plan (AEP) - one - two semesters only
- Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP) - lists all classes required for your educational goal
- Discuss your career and transfer options
- Review your placement results
- Review transcripts from other colleges
- Review your high school academic history
- Confirm completion of associate or certificate programs
- Probation and dismissal counseling
- Complete financial aid appeals
Benefits from Counseling
By meeting with a counselor to assess, plan and implement your academic goals, you will gain:
- An awareness of the difference between a degree and a certificate
- An understanding of the requirements to earn a degree or certificate
- Clarity on the admissions requirements to transfer to the university of your choice
- An individualized plan of classes to help you reach your goal
- Awareness of the support services to help you succeed at Mission College