Associate Faculty (Social Science, Lead/Liaison Equity Division)(408) 855-5168
Office Location: SEC-344 A
Dr. Piper AKA Dr. P. teaches Psychology, Humanities and serves as Faculty Lead/Liaison, Mission College Equity Division. Prior to joining Mission College in 2005, Dr. Piper held the position of Social Science Instructor and EOPS Counselor at Monterey Peninsula College for 10 years.
Dr. Piper is the author of the publication I SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY SPOKEN (Thera Books, 2021), a collection of prose/poetry. He is currently working on “TRUTH BE TOLD”, a collection of essays.
- EdD in International Multicultural Education
- University of San Francisco, 1998
- Master of Arts in Counseling and Educational Psychology
- University of San Francisco, 1987
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- San Jose State University, 1972
Accolades, Awards, Honors, Publications
- 1982 Mayoral Commendation: Excellence in the field of Fine Arts
- 1982 Outstanding service in the ARTS
- 1995 Associated Student HONORS award MPC
- 2005 RISE program Certificate of Appreciation
- 2009 Associate Student Government Outstanding Associate Faculty of the Year.
- 2010 Silicon Valley Arts Council ABBY Award
- 2011,2013 Outstanding Associate Faculty of the Year
- 2012 Mission College Academic Senate Faculty Excellence Award
- 2013 Umoja Community Club. Recognition and Appreciation
- 2014 Umoja Community Club. Recognition and Appreciation
- 2015 Joyner/Payne Youth Service Agency Black Legend Award
- 2016, 2016 Outstanding Associate Faculty of the Year
- 2019 Academic Senate Publication and Presentation Excellence Award
- 2021 Mission College Academic Senate Faculty Excellence Award
When not teaching, Dr. Piper can be found engaged in community activism, arts and educational programs.
"An African proverb tells us that people who lack the knowledge of their past are like a tree without roots, they wither up and fade away."