Phone: (408) 855-5253
Office Location: SCI-111
While in graduate school, Dr. Baker focused on the design, synthesis, and characterization of Gold complexes as an Anti-Rheumatoid Arthritis (instruments used: FT-NMR, IR, & UV-Vis).
Following his Ph.D., he worked as a “Research Assistance” and "Research Associate" at the following institutes:
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
He focused on the design, synthesis and characterization of Platinum compounds as an anti-cancer. He has published more than 40 papers (and Patent) in leading journals such as JACS (Journal of the American Chemical Society), Dalton Trans (RSC Publishing - Royal Society of Chemistry, UK), Cancer Research, etc.
- Ph.D., Chemistry (Organometallic)
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- Diploma, Petroleum Chemistry
- University of Manchester Institute of Technology (UMIST), Manchester, United Kingdom.
- CHEM-012A: Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM-012B: Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM-01A/01AH: General Chemistry I, General Chemistry I, Honors
- CHEM-01B/01BH: General Chemistry II, General Chemistry II, Honors
- CHEM-02: Introductory Chemistry
- CHEM--030A: Fundamentals of Chemistry I (General Chemistry
- CHEM-030B: Fundamentals of Chemistry II (Organic and Biochemistry)
- CHEM-081H: Chemistry Honors Seminar
- Two-Year Community College Chemistry (2YCCC)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Faculty Recognition Award for Full-Time Teaching Excellence, 2010
- Committees over the years: Academic Senate, Sustainability AMSA’s mentor (the American Medical Student Association), OAC (Outcome Assessment Committee).
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein