Read the Latest 2020 Fall Career Education Newsletter!
Mission College Hospitality Management
Visit our state-of-the-art facility and learn how we can help you achieve your goals in the dynamic hospitality industry.
By completing our degree program, you will:
- Develop powerful and effective management skills.
- Gain real-world experience in our own student-operated restaurants and high-impact hands on opportunities.
- Meet movers and shakers in the industry and make contacts for future employment.
- Build a resume to further enhance your future employment opportunities.
- Create a pathway to transfer to a four-year university to continue your education.
- Find that Degree & Certificate Application is open all year round.
- Develop the foundation necessary to get you moving forward in your Hospitality Career.
Degrees and Certificates in Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Management (AS)
- Food Service & Restaurant Management (C)
- Fundamental Food Service Skills I (C)
- PDF of our degrees/certificates from the catalog
- Download Brochure
KCBS Interviews with Hospitality Management.
Take a look at our many hospitality management photo galleries at flikr.com/go2missionSC!
Classes to Consider
All classes are online this summer. Never taken an online class? Here's some information.
Introduction to the Hospitality Industry – FDR 050A (CRN 51683):
An overview of the tourism, hospitality and food service industries. Career pathways, service concepts and an introduction to supervision and management are included.
Menu Planning – FDR 075 (CRN 51528):
An introduction and study of menu planning, costing and menu mix concepts. The critical nature of the menu as the primary operational influence tool is discussed.
Supervision and Leadership – FDR 059 (CRN 51257):
In depth study of traditional and contemporary supervisory and managerial principles and concepts. Diversity, equity and the application of ethical leadership are course highlights.
Sales and Marketing in the Hospitality Industry – FDR 076 (CRN 51844):
This course provides students with the practical knowledge to understand and develop short-term and strategic marketing strategies. Marketing as driver of management philosophy and service delivery is emphasized
Culinary Courses to Choose From
Mission College's Hospitality Management faculty is made up of experts in the field of food service, lodging and culinary arts. Many have over three decades of real world experience to offer to our students.Hospitality Faculty
Degrees & Certificates
Mission College's Hospitality Management program offers degrees in Fundamental Food Service Skills, Food service, and Restaurant to Management. We also facilitate an Associate of Science in Hospitality Management.Degrees and Certificates
Hospitality Management Classes
Check out our courses in our hospitality management program.Hospitality Classes
From starting their own restaurants and food trucks to taking on greater management experience, our student's success are our greatest asset.Success Stories
Mission College offers students real world experiences on a food truck, on catering assignments and in a fully functioning kitchen and dining room.Real World Experience
Thanks to the Don and Lorraine Freeberg Foundation, Mission College's Hospitality Management program is able to offer scholarships to deserving students.Scholarships
High School Cooking Competition