Mission College Counseling
Main Building/Counseling Location
- All student services will remain functioning in the Main Building from now until January 15. Students and staff can access the new Student Engagement Center (SEC) starting Tuesday, January 16.
- The VTA bus stop will also be moved from its current temporary location back to in front of the campus Hunters Circle after New Years.
Winter & Spring 2018 class registration error messages
- If you have encountered a registration error message that contains any of the following phrases or words, begin with the Counseling Office. For any other issues with registration, begin at
Admissions & Records, E1-501.
-Your registration date is in the year 2099
-Maximum hours exceed
-Prerequisite and test score
Extended transfer application deadlines
- Missed the November 30 transfer application deadline for fall 2018 admissions? You can still apply to a few campuses!Need assistance? Visit the Transfer Center.
UC: Santa Cruz, Merced and Riverside have extended their deadlines until January 8, 2018,
CSU: Humboldt, East Bay, Monterey Bay, and Sonoma have extended their deadlines for "lower division-transfer" students until December 15, 2017. Non-impacted CSU campuses may extend beyond Dec. 15, but check their websites (Bakersfield, Channel Islands, Dominguez Hills, Maritime, San Francisco, Stanislaus).
Grade and/or Transcript errors
- Mission College recently migrated to a new student information system (from Datatel to Banner, Summer 2017). If you have an error with your grades or transcript, please contact Admissions & Records, E1-501.
Welcome to Counseling!
- Counseling is available to assist students with academic, transfer, career and personal issues.
- Services are available on a walk-in basis or by private appointment (see chart below).
- Counseling classes can also assist students in making career and educational decisions, enhancing study skills, and staying motivated.
- Degree, transfer or certificate seeking students are encouraged to meet with a counselor for an educational plan by the time they have completed three semesters or 15 units.
Walk-in verses Appointments
- Assistance with course selection
- Review assessment test results
- Transfer advising
- Petition to drop without a “W”
- Petition for a refund
- Petition for academic renewal
- Petition for reinstatement
- Request to enroll in more than 18.0 units
- Crisis intervention
- Probation advising
- Orientation waivers
- Transcript evaluation requests
- Graduation advising
- Assistance with clearing prerequisites
By appointment only - make an appointment
- Develop an Educational Plan
- Abbreviated, one-two semesters only (AEP)
- Comprehensive, more than one semester, lists all classes required for your educational goal (CEP)
- Review of transcripts from other schools
- Assistance with applications for degree or certificate
- Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAGs)
- Major and career exploration
- Probation and dismissal counseling
- Disqualification or reinstatement counseling
- Financial aid appeals
- Personal counseling
Fun with Facebook